Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/nasm-devel
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <email@example.com>
Date: 01/14/2003 01:31:13
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: salo
Date: Mon Jan 13 23:31:12 UTC 2003
pkgsrc/devel/nasm-devel: Makefile PLIST distinfo
pkgsrc/devel/nasm-devel/patches: patch-aa patch-ab
Update to version 0.98.35.
Suggested by Juan RP <juan at xtraeme dot dyndns dot org> in PR pkg/19841.
- HOMEPAGE has changed
- nasm now has GNU autoconf configure script
* NASM is now LGPL.
* Fix build failure on 16-bit DOS (Makefile.bc3 workaround for compiler bug.)
* Fix dependencies and compiler warnings.
* Add "const" in a number of places.
* Add -X option to specify error reporting format (use -Xvc to
integrate with Microsoft Visual Studio.)
* Minor changes for code legibility.
* Drop use of tmpnam() in rdoff (security fix.)
* Correct additional address-size vs. operand-size confusions.
* Generate dependencies for all Makefiles automatically.
* Add support for unimplemented (but theoretically available)
registers such as tr0 and cr5. Segment registers 6 and 7 are called
segr6 and segr7 for the operations which they can be represented.
* Correct some disassembler bugs related to redundant address-size prefixes.
Some work still remains in this area.
* Correctly generate an error for things like "SEG eax".
* Add the JMPE instruction, enabled by "CPU IA64".
* Correct compilation on newer gcc/glibc platforms.
* Issue an error on things like "jmp far eax".
* New __NASM_PATCHLEVEL__ and __NASM_VERSION_ID__ standard macros to
round out the version-query macros. version.pl now understands
X.YYplWW or X.YY.ZZplWW as a version number, equivalent to
X.YY.ZZ.WW (or X.YY.0.WW, as appropriate).
* New keyword "strict" to disable the optimization of specific
* Fix the handing of size overrides with JMP instructions
(instructions such as "jmp dword foo".)
* Fix the handling of "ABSOLUTE label", where "label" points into a
* Fix OBJ output format with lots of externs.
* More documentation updates.
* Add -Ov option to get verbose information about optimizations.
* Undo a braindead change which broke %elif directives.
* Makefile updates.
* Fix NASM crashing when %macro directives were left unterminated.
* Lots of documentation updates.
* Complete rewrite of the PostScript/PDF documentation generator.
* The MS Visual C++ Makefile was updated and corrected.
* Recognize .rodata as a standard section name in ELF.
* Fix some obsolete Perl4-isms in Perl scripts.
* Fix configure.in to work with autoconf 2.5x.
* Fix a couple of "make cleaner" misses.
* Make the normal "./configure && make" work with Cygwin.
* Correctly build in a separate object directory again.
* Derive all references to the version number from the version file.
* New standard macros __NASM_SUBMINOR__ and __NASM_VER__ macros.
* Lots of Makefile updates and bug fixes.
* New %ifmacro directive to test for multiline macros.
* Documentation updates.
* Fixes for 16-bit OBJ format output.
* Changed the NASM environment variable to NASMENV.
* Changed doc files a lot: completely removed old READMExx and
Wishlist files, incorporating all information in CHANGES and TODO.
* I waited a long time to rename zoutieee.c to (original) outieee.c
* moved all output modules to output/ subdirectory.
* Added 'make strip' target to strip debug info from nasm & ndisasm.
* Added INSTALL file with installation instructions.
* Added -v option description to nasm man.
* Added dist makefile target to produce source distributions.
* 16-bit support for ELF output format (GNU extension, but useful.)
* Fastcooked this for Debian's Woody release:
Frank applied the INCBIN bug patch to 0.98.25alt and called
it 0.98.28 to not confuse poor little apt-get.
* Reorganised files even better from 0.98.25alt
* Prettified the source tree. Moved files to more
* Added findleak.pl script to misc/ directory.
0.98.8 - 0.98.25
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.5 -r1.6 pkgsrc/devel/nasm-devel/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/devel/nasm-devel/PLIST
cvs rdiff -r184.108.40.206 -r1.2 pkgsrc/devel/nasm-devel/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r220.127.116.11 -r1.2 pkgsrc/devel/nasm-devel/patches/patch-aa \
cvs rdiff -r18.104.22.168 -r0 pkgsrc/devel/nasm-devel/patches/patch-ac
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.