Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/misc/reed
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <email@example.com>
Date: 11/09/2002 15:37:20
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: wiz
Date: Sat Nov 9 13:37:20 UTC 2002
pkgsrc/misc/reed: Makefile PLIST distinfo
pkgsrc/misc/reed/patches: patch-ab patch-ac patch-ad
Update to 5.4. Changes:
* L and l can be used to set/go to a default bookmark.
* You can scroll past the end of the file (into blank space).
This is important because...
* :o will look for a filename on the current top line and try to open it,
going to the bookmark if you're in your bookmarks file.
* :l will give you a list of buffers.
* Of course, bug fixes and code cleanups.
* Filenames are reverse truncated in the status bar if they're too long.
* Updated the build system.
* Breed supports -w to word wrap files, if possible/desirable.
* Typos fixed.
* ,, ., and r work as documented.
* :r reloads a file if it was on disk (and not a stream).
* Naming the buffer based on the manual page name is now more accurate.
* URLs load in breed again.
* Breed doesn't make a file named '-' anymore when reading postscript.
5.1: This release no longer segfaults if the configuration file
is missing. 'H' brings up a short help file in the program. Bookmarks
are more aesthetically displayed. Some other, minor bugs were fixed.
5.0: Reed has been completely rewritten. Searching (and highlighting)
is now file-specific. Invoking an editor now goes to the current
line within that editor. The bookmark file format has changed and
is incompatible with previous versions. The included script
fix_bookmarks.pl can update your bookmarks for you. Bookmarks can
now all be viewed with the 'B' command. 'Fake' filenames can be
changed using the 'R' command. Reed now automatically reads from
stdin if no filename is given and data is waiting. Greater 'less'
compatibility was added to the (the old j is now J).
Older changes ignored since reed was completely rewritten in 5.0.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.6 -r1.7 pkgsrc/misc/reed/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.1 -r1.2 pkgsrc/misc/reed/PLIST
cvs rdiff -r18.104.22.168 -r1.2 pkgsrc/misc/reed/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r22.214.171.124 -r1.2 pkgsrc/misc/reed/patches/patch-aa
cvs rdiff -r126.96.36.199 -r0 pkgsrc/misc/reed/patches/patch-ab \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.