Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/automake-devel
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <email@example.com>
Date: 09/28/2002 13:22:55
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: wiz
Date: Sat Sep 28 10:22:55 UTC 2002
pkgsrc/devel/automake-devel: Makefile PLIST distinfo
Update to 1.7. Changes:
* Autoconf 2.54 is required.
* `aclocal' and `automake' will no longer warn about obsolete
configure macros. This is done by `autoconf -Wobsolete'.
* AM_CONFIG_HEADER, AM_SYS_POSIX_TERMIOS and
AM_HEADER_TIOCGWINSZ_NEEDS_SYS_IOCTL are obsolete (although still
supported). You should use AC_CONFIG_HEADERS, AC_SYS_POSIX_TERMIOS,
and AC_HEADER_TIOCGWINSZ instead. `autoupdate' can upgrade
`configure.ac' for you.
* Support for per-program and per-library `_CPPFLAGS'.
* New `ctags' target (builds CTAGS files).
* Support for -Wmumble and -Wno-mumble, where mumble is a warning category
(see `automake --help' or the manual for a list of them).
* Honor the WARNINGS environment variable.
* Omit the call to depcomp when using gcc3: call the compiler directly.
* A new option, std-options, tests that programs support --help and --version
when `make installcheck' is run. This is enabled by --gnits.
* Texinfo rules now support the `ps' and `pdf' targets.
* Info files are now created in the build directory, not the source directory.
* info_TEXINFOS supports files in subdirectories (this requires Texinfo 4.1
* `make distcheck' will enforce DESTDIR support by attempting
a DESTDIR install.
* `+=' can be used in conditionals, even if the augmented variable
was defined for another condition.
* Makefile fragments (inserted with `include') are always distributed.
* Use Autoconf's --trace interface to inspect configure.ac and get
a more accurate view of it.
* Add support for extending aclocal's default macro search path
using a `dirlist' file within the aclocal directory.
* automake --output-dir is deprecated.
* The part of the distcheck target that checks whether uninstall actually
removes all installed files has been moved in a separate target,
distuninstallcheck, so it can be overridden easily.
* Many bug fixes.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.4 -r1.5 pkgsrc/devel/automake-devel/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/devel/automake-devel/PLIST \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.