Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/autoconf-devel
To: None <email@example.com>
From: Thomas Klausner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 09/25/2002 22:13:42
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: wiz
Date: Wed Sep 25 19:13:42 UTC 2002
pkgsrc/devel/autoconf-devel: Makefile distinfo
Update to 2.54, provided by Julio Merino in PR 18354.
* Major changes in Autoconf 2.54 -*- outline -*-
- autoreconf no longer changes the version of the gettext/po/intl
support files. It now adds the files the correspond to the
AM_GNU_GETTEXT_VERSION declared in configure.ac.
Warning: It now relies on the 'autopoint' program, which is part
of GNU gettext 0.11.4 and newer.
Please note that you need to have a GNU gettext version that
corresponds at least to the AM_GNU_GETTEXT_VERSION declared
in configure.ac. You can upgrade to newer GNU gettext versions,
though, without needing to change configure.ac.
- The -I DIR or --include=DIR option now appends DIR to the include path
instead of prepending; this is for consistency with other GNU tools.
The new -B DIR or --prepend-include=DIR option has the old behavior.
Now handles all the gory details about LIBOBJS and LTLIBOBJS.
Please, remove lines such as
# This is necessary so that .o files in LIBOBJS are also
# built via the ANSI2KNR-filtering rules.
LIBOBJS=`echo $LIBOBJS|sed 's/\.o /\$U.o /g;s/\.o$/\$U.o/'`
and read the `AC_LIBOBJ vs LIBOBJS' section. Do not define U in
your Makefiles either.
- AC_CONFIG_LINKS now makes copies if it can't make links.
- AC_FUNC_FNMATCH now tests only for POSIX compatibility, reverting to
Autoconf 2.13 behavior. The new macro AC_FUNC_FNMATCH_GNU also
tests for GNU extensions to fnmatch, and replaces fnmatch if needed.
- AC_FUNC_SETVBUF_REVERSED no longer fails when cross-compiling.
- AC_PROG_CC_STDC is integrated into AC_PROG_CC.
- AC_PROG_F77 default search no longer includes cf77 and cfg77.
- New macros
AC_C_BACKSLASH_A, AC_CONFIG_LIBOBJ_DIR, AC_GNU_SOURCE,
AC_PROG_EGREP, AC_PROG_FGREP, AC_REPLACE_FNMATCH,
AC_FUNC_FNMATCH_GNU, AC_FUNC_REALLOC, AC_TYPE_MBSTATE_T.
looks for getloadavg.c in the CONFIG_LIBOBJ_DIR.
Now defines HAVE_MALLOC to 0 if `malloc' does not work, and asks
for an AC_LIBOBJ replacement.
** Bug fixes
- Spurious complaints from `m4_bmatch' about invalid regular
expressions are suppressed.
- Empty top_builddirs are properly handled.
- AC_CHECK_MEMBER works correctly when the member is an aggregate.
Now colon in the optional path arguments are properly handled.
** Improved portability
- Both Autoconf the package, and the scripts it produces, should run
more reliably with Zsh. Bear in mind it is the default Bourne shell
- Autoconf and the scripts it produces no longer assume the existence of
the obsolescent commands egrep and fgrep.
- Limitations of Make
More of them.
The GNATS base has moved to
Now contains the list of ouput variables and files (AC_SUBST,
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.9 -r1.10 pkgsrc/devel/autoconf-devel/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.4 -r1.5 pkgsrc/devel/autoconf-devel/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r1.1 -r0 pkgsrc/devel/autoconf-devel/patches/patch-aa
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.