Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/graphics/ploticus
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Rene Hexel <email@example.com>
Date: 09/20/2002 14:41:19
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: rh
Date: Fri Sep 20 11:41:19 UTC 2002
pkgsrc/graphics/ploticus: Makefile PLIST distinfo
pkgsrc/graphics/ploticus/patches: patch-ab patch-ac patch-ad
Update ploticus to 2.04. Changes include tons of bufixes and improvements.
Provided by Grant Beattie <firstname.lastname@example.org> in private mail.
New features include:
* client-side imagemaps
* Changed: #proc endproc may now be written #endproc. The old syntax
will also continue to work.
* New feature - proc areadef categories - new modifier selectrows
which allows categories to be taken from data field based on a
* New attribute - proc processdata - outfile allows result to be
written to a file. This came up because a user wanted to perform
arithmetic (a la getdata filter) to processdata result, and there
was no way to do it.
* New feature - proc annotate can now do drop shadows, beveling, and
colored backing box with or without outline.
* New attribute - proc getdata - pf_fieldnames for defining
* New attribute - config and proc settings - numberspacerthreshold
controls when thousands separator characters begin to appear.
* New system variable - CM_UNITS - indicates if working in -cm mode
* HTML server-side imagemap support has been added.
* The data parsing code has been rewritten, and now allows situations
that weren't allowed before.
* new attribute - proc getdata - nfields - Controls the expected
number of fields per record.
* new attribute - proc getdata - fieldnamerows - like fieldnames but
allows data field names to be given one per line.
* new attribute - proc lineplot - gapmissing - allows missing data
points to cause a gap in the curve. Similar parameter added to lines
and chron prefabs.
* new attribute - proc scatterplot - clustermethod - control how
duplicate points will be clustered.
* new attribute - proc scatterplot - symfield and symrangefield -
allows symbol shape, color, etc. to be controlled by a data field.
* new attribute - proc scatterplot - dupsleg allows symbol shape,
color, etc. to be controlled by degree of duplicity
* prefabs - added rectangle as a standard parameter. It controls
plotting area size (and location, if rendering in paginated
* some new functions, including $numgroup() and $dategroup() which are
useful in grouping a set of numbers or dates into bins.
* SVG capabilities. The driver was written by Bill Traill.
* postscript - ISO Latin1 encoding added, so that European
characters may be produced in postscript exactly like they are in
the other environments (ascii 128-255).
* Created graphic files are automatically chmod'ed to mode 644.
* CGI mode
* A new script interpreter. New flow of control operators including:
#elseif #else #for #while #setifnotgiven #call #write #shell, etc.
Also, increased capacities for data fields and variables (250
chars) and script input lines (3000). The new interpreter involves
some script syntax changes that may cause existing scripts to
break in some cases.
* #sql, a new directive for retrieving data directly from an SQL
database. This is currently under development, and
user-contributed client interfaces to DBMSs such as MySQL and
Oracle would be welcome (the code is in dbinterface.c)
* Added: proc areadef autorange - new subattributes selectrows (for
selecting rows to be considered when scanning for min and max) and
combomode (to allow correct finding of min and max for situations
like error bars and stacked bars).
* Added: proc areadef autorange - now sets variables DATAXMIN,
DATAXMAX, DATAYMIN, and DATAYMAX - the actual minima and maxima of
* Added: proc axis - stubevery attribute
* Added: proc getdata - pathname attribute, to specify data file
name directly without involving cat(1)
* Added: proc bars - colorfield attribute - set bar color based on a
* Added: proc legendentry - tag attribute
* Added: various new functions
* Added: the temp file default path name and default slash character
can now be changed in pl.h or in a config file.
* Added: resource utilization (cpu time and size of created disk
files) now can be controlled. Default upper limits are 10 cpu
seconds and 5,000,000 bytes. Limits may be altered in pl.h or by
using a config file
* Added: various other config file settings
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.12 -r1.13 pkgsrc/graphics/ploticus/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.1 -r1.2 pkgsrc/graphics/ploticus/PLIST
cvs rdiff -r1.3 -r1.4 pkgsrc/graphics/ploticus/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r1.3 -r1.4 pkgsrc/graphics/ploticus/patches/patch-aa
cvs rdiff -r1.1 -r0 pkgsrc/graphics/ploticus/patches/patch-ab \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.