Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/security/gpgme
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Martin J. Laubach <email@example.com>
Date: 08/26/2002 16:34:17
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: mjl
Date: Mon Aug 26 13:34:17 UTC 2002
pkgsrc/security/gpgme: Makefile PLIST distinfo
Update to 0.3.9
* An experimental interface to GnuPG's --edit-key functionality is
introduced, see gpgme_op_edit.
* The new gpgme_import_ext function provides a convenient access to
the number of processed keys.
* It is possible to use an outside event loop for the I/O to the
crypto engine by setting the I/O callbacks with gpgme_set_io_cbs.
* GPGME_ATTR_OTRUST is implemented now.
* A first step toward thread safeness has been achieved, see the
documentation for details. Supported thread libraries are pthread
* All error output of the gpgsm backend is send to the bit bucket.
* The signature verification functions are extended. Instead of
always returning GPGME_SIG_STATUS_GOOD, the functions new codes for
* The current passphrase callback and progress meter callback can be
retrieved with the new functions gpgme_get_passphrase_cb and
* gpgme_op_encrypt can be called with RECIPIENTS being 0. In this
case, symmetric encryption is performed. Note that this requires a
passphrase from the user.
* More information is returned for X.509 certificates.
* Interface changes relative to the 0.3.4 release:
* gpgme_op_encrypt does now fail with GPGME_Invalid_Recipients if
some recipients have been invalid, whereas earlier versions
succeeded in this case.
* gpgme_op_verify now allows to pass an uninitialized data object as
its plaintext argument to check for normal and cleartext
signatures. The plaintext is then returned in the data object.
* New interfaces gpgme_set_include_certs and gpgme_get_include_certs
to set and get the number of certifications to include in S/MIME
* New interfaces gpgme_op_encrypt_sign and gpgme_op_encrypt_sign_start
to encrypt and sign a message in a combined operation.
* New interface gpgme_op_keylist_ext_start to search for multiple patterns.
* gpgme_key_get_ulong_attr supports the GPGME_ATTR_EXPIRE attribute.
* Interface changes relative to the 0.3.3 release:
* Fix the Makefile in jnlib.
* Fix the test suite (hopefully). It should clean up all its state
with `make check' now.
* Remove erroneous dependency on libgcrypt in jnlib.
* There is a Texinfo manual documenting the API.
* The gpgme_set_keylist_mode function returns an error, and changed
its meaning. It is no longer usable to select between normal and
fast mode (newer versions of GnuPG will always be fast), but
selects between local keyring, remote keyserver, or both.
For this, two new macros are defined, GPGME_KEYLIST_MODE_LOCAL
and GPGME_KEYLIST_MODE_EXTERN. To make it possible to modify the
current setting, a fucntion gpgme_get_keylist_mode was added to
retrieve the current mode.
* gpgme_wait accepts a new argument STATUS to return the error status
of the operation on the context. Its definition is closer to
waitpid() now than before.
* The LENGTH argument to gpgme_data_new_from_filepart changed its
type from off_t to the unsigned size_t.
* The R_HD argument to the GpgmePassphraseCb type changed its type
from void* to void**.
* New interface gpgme_op_trustlist_end() to match
* The CryptPlug modules have been renamed to gpgme-openpgp and
gpgme-smime, and they are installed in pkglibdir by `make install'.
* An idle function can be registered with gpgme_register_idle().
* The GpgSM backend supports key generation with gpgme_op_genkey().
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.3 -r1.4 pkgsrc/security/gpgme/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r18.104.22.168 -r1.2 pkgsrc/security/gpgme/PLIST \
cvs rdiff -r22.214.171.124 -r0 pkgsrc/security/gpgme/patches/patch-aa
cvs rdiff -r0 -r1.1 pkgsrc/security/gpgme/patches/patch-ba
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.