Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/gmp
To: None <email@example.com>
From: Martin J. Laubach <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 08/24/2002 03:39:08
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: mjl
Date: Sat Aug 24 00:39:08 UTC 2002
pkgsrc/devel/gmp: Makefile PLIST buildlink.mk distinfo
pkgsrc/devel/gmp/patches: patch-ga patch-gb patch-gc patch-gd
Update to 4.1
* Bug fixes.
* Speed improvements.
* Upwardly binary compatible with 4.0, 4.0.1, and 3.x versions.
* Asymptotically fast conversion to/from strings (mpz, mpq, mpn levels), but
also major speed improvements for tiny operands.
* mpn_get_str parameter restrictions relaxed.
* Major speed improvments for HPPA 2.0 systems.
* Major speed improvments for UltraSPARC systems.
* Major speed improvments for IA-64 systems (but still sub-optimal code).
* Extended test suite.
* mpfr is back, with many bug fixes and portability improvements.
* New function: mpz_ui_sub.
* New functions: mpz_export, mpz_import.
* Optimization for nth root functions (mpz_root, mpz_perfect_power_p).
* Optimization for extended gcd (mpz_gcdext, mpz_invert, mpn_gcdext).
* Generalized low-level number format, reserving a `nails' part of each
limb. (Please note that this is really experimental; some functions
are likely to compute garbage when nails are enabled.)
* Nails-enabled Alpha 21264 assembly code, allowing up to 75% better
performance. (Use --enable-nails=4 to enable it.)
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.12 -r1.13 pkgsrc/devel/gmp/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.4 -r1.5 pkgsrc/devel/gmp/PLIST pkgsrc/devel/gmp/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r1.7 -r1.8 pkgsrc/devel/gmp/buildlink.mk
cvs rdiff -r1.7 -r0 pkgsrc/devel/gmp/patches/patch-aa
cvs rdiff -r0 -r1.1 pkgsrc/devel/gmp/patches/patch-ga \
pkgsrc/devel/gmp/patches/patch-gb pkgsrc/devel/gmp/patches/patch-gc \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.