Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/gdb
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <email@example.com>
Date: 08/07/2002 17:18:29
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: jschauma
Date: Wed Aug 7 14:18:28 UTC 2002
pkgsrc/devel/gdb: Makefile PLIST distinfo
Update to 5.2.1; remove ONLY_FOR_PLATFORM: even though gdb is in the NetBSD
base system, people may want to install it from pkgsrc, particularly on
Darwin (?), Linux, SunOS and since there is no problem in having one gdb in
pkgsrc and one in the base-system, no harm is done.
Changes since the last version (4.18) are numerous; highlights include:
* New command "set trust-readonly-sections on[off]".
* New command "generate-core-file" (or "gcore").
* New command line option --pid or -p followed by a process id
* The new `--args' feature can be used to specify command-line arguments
for the inferior from gdb's command line.
* a new `operate-and-get-next' function bound to `C-o'.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.4 -r1.5 pkgsrc/devel/gdb/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/devel/gdb/PLIST pkgsrc/devel/gdb/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r22.214.171.124 -r1.2 pkgsrc/devel/gdb/patches/patch-aa
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.