Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/mail/tmda
To: None <email@example.com>
From: Amitai Schlair <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 07/23/2002 23:05:48
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: schmonz
Date: Tue Jul 23 20:05:48 UTC 2002
pkgsrc/mail/tmda: Makefile PLIST distinfo
Update to 0.58.
Changes to the package itself:
- Update MASTER_SITES and HOMEPAGE.
- Change iterator variables to something other than "file" to
From the changelog:
* 'keyword' addresses now use an identifying string like 'dated' and
'sender' addresses do. 'keyword' by default, and customizable via
TAGS_KEYWORD. This means you'll need to generate new addresses
using `tmda-address', as your old ones will no longer work.
If you want your old keyword addresses to be accepted until you can
transition to the new format, you can add entries for them in your
to email@example.com ok
to firstname.lastname@example.org ok
* RECIPIENT_DELIMITER is no longer allowed to be part of the keyword
in a keyword address. `?' will be substituted for it when a new
keyword address is created.
* The format for a confirmation request address is now:
RECIPIENT-confirm-TIMESTAMP.PID.HMAC, instead of
The new format is detailed in CRYPTO. Because of this change, it's
recommended that you run tmda-pending to make sure your queue is
free of legitimate messages, since the old confirmation addresses
will no longer work.
If you are unable to do this and need temporary backward
compatibility with the old format, there is a patch against 0.56
* Confirmed messages are now reinjected to the original envelope
recipient address (RECIPIENT) rather than to:
See CRYPTO for more details.
* TMDA now sends outgoing mail by handing it off to an SMTP server
instead of the /usr/sbin/sendmail program. By default it will use
the standard SMTP port (25) on the local host. You can modify this
by setting the "SMTPHOST" variable in your tmdarc. See
TMDA/Defaults.py for further information.
* tmdarc variable SENDMAIL has been renamed SENDMAIL_PROGRAM, but is
irrelevant unless OUTGOINGMAIL = "sendmail".
* tmdarc variable PURGED_HEADERS now lists "Bcc:" and "Resent-Bcc" by
default. If you define this variable in your tmdarc, be sure to add
these two headers.
* CRYPT_KEY should be removed from ~/.tmdarc or ~/.tmda/config. Your
secret key is now read from CRYPT_KEY_FILE, which defaults to
~/.tmda/crypt_key. To make this conversion, move your existing
CRYPT_KEY to ~/.tmda/crypt_key, but without the double-quotes. e.g,
if CRYPT_KEY = "df7a18a8d95f02ff94bf6463a8ec214cf20cb9e8"
~/.tmda/crypt_key should contain:
* ~/.tmdarc and ~/.tmda/config are no longer checked for file
permissions. Instead, make sure ~/.tmda/crypt_key is chmod 400 or
600 (or 640 if ALLOW_MODE_640 = 1).
* An exception is no longer be raised if ~/.tmdarc or ~/.tmda/config
is missing. However, a ~/.tmda/crypt_key file is required.
* tmda-keygen now outputs an unquoted key instead of a CRYPT_KEY line.
* Template variables dated_cookie_address and sender_cookie_address
were replaced with dated_recipient_address and
sender_recipient_address, which are based on the RECIPIENT address.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.6 -r1.7 pkgsrc/mail/tmda/Makefile pkgsrc/mail/tmda/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r1.3 -r1.4 pkgsrc/mail/tmda/PLIST
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.