Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/emulators/snes9x
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Krister Walfridsson <email@example.com>
Date: 07/08/2002 04:04:10
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: kristerw
Date: Mon Jul 8 01:04:10 UTC 2002
pkgsrc/emulators/snes9x: Makefile distinfo
pkgsrc/emulators/snes9x/patches: patch-aa patch-ac patch-ag
Update snes9x to version 1.39.
Changes since snes9x-1.37.3 include:
- Fixed a timing problem caused by a speed up hack that was affecting Top Gear
3000. No the game still isn't playable, but I noticed the problem while
investigating the DSP-4 chip used by the game.
- Added support for Star Ocean and Street Fighter 2 Alpha decompressed graphics
packs from dejap. Used a binary chop search rather than a linear search to
locate correct decompressed graphics more quickly - should help emulation
speed during later stages of the game.
- Included the latest ZSNES DSP-1 code. Now Pilotwings, SD Racer and Suzuka 8
Hours are playable. Aim For The Ace, Super Air Diver 1 & 2 and Syutoko
Battle 94 are also playable, but with bugs. Thanks to zsKnight, _demo_, et
al for all their hard work.
- Another Daffy Duck: Marvin Missions screen flicker problem worked around -
writing to the IRQ enable register shouldn't clear any pending IRQs, but
Sieken 3 seems to require this or else the game hangs. Special-cased Daffy
Duck for now.
- An NMI emulation bug was triggering a Panic Bomberman World game bug,
crashing it. Basically, if a game enables NMIs after the normal trigger
point, the NMI should not trigger if the game has already read the NMI clear
- Panic Bomberman World requires SPC700 memory to be initialised to zero on
reset otherwise the game hangs when a tune finishes and another one should
- Added an offset hack for Strike Gunner to get the scrolling ground layer
to line up correctly - another offset-per-tile bug hacked around for now.
- Hmm. The broken cut-scenes in Deep Space 9 seem to indicate that I haven't
got the emulated clock speed of the 65c816 CPU correct yet. And not by a
little bit - a 9% too slow error. Hacked special timing for the game for now.
- Fixed another crash bug in the interpolated mode 7 code - if no scaling
was being used (either up or down) and screen repeat was enabled and the
screen was flipped horizontally, the routine would crash Snes9x. Was causing
Snes9x to crash during rock monster boss stage of Castlevania 4.
- Oops. Got the initialisation of the default SNES screen width and height
round the wrong way - could cause a X Windows System error message on the
UNIX port after loading a ZSNES freeze file.
The package has been changed to use the oss sound instead of the sun
sound driver. This improves the sound quality.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.8 -r1.9 pkgsrc/emulators/snes9x/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.4 -r1.5 pkgsrc/emulators/snes9x/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r1.5 -r1.6 pkgsrc/emulators/snes9x/patches/patch-aa
cvs rdiff -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/emulators/snes9x/patches/patch-ac \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.