Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/news/inn
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <email@example.com>
Date: 07/06/2002 18:04:59
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: tron
Date: Sat Jul 6 15:04:58 UTC 2002
pkgsrc/news/inn: Makefile distinfo
pkgsrc/news/inn/patches: patch-af patch-ag
Update "inn" package to version 2.3.3. Changes since version 2.3.2:
- pgpverify now supports using GnuPG to check signatures (rather than
PGP) without the pgpgpg wrapper. GnuPG can check both old-style RSA
signatures and new OpenPGP signatures and is recommended over PGP 2.6.
If you have GnuPG installed, pgpverify will use it rather than PGP,
which means that you may have to create a new key ring for GnuPG to
use to verify signatures if you were previously using PGP.
- An item that was noted in NEWS below but was inadvertently left out of
nnrpd has actually been added this time: users can no longer post
articles containing Approved: headers to moderated groups by default;
they must be specifically given that permission with the access:
parameter in readers.conf. See the man page for more details.
- Two bugs in repacking overview index files and a reliability bug with
writing overview data were all fixed in the tradindexed overview
method, hopefully making it somewhat more reliable, particularly for
- If rc.news.local exists in the INN binary directory, it will be run
with the start or stop argument whenever rc.news is run. This is
available as a hook for local startup and shutdown code.
- The default history table hash sizes were increased because a
too-small value can cause serious performance problems (whereas a
too-large hash just wastes a bit of disk space).
- The sample control.ctl file has been extensively updated.
- Wildmat exclusions (@ and !) should now work properly in storage.conf
- The implementation of the -w flag for expireover was fixed;
previously, the value given to -w to change expireover's notion of the
current time was scaled by too much.
- Various other more minor bug fixes, standards compliance fixes, and
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.34 -r1.35 pkgsrc/news/inn/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.4 -r1.5 pkgsrc/news/inn/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r1.4 -r1.5 pkgsrc/news/inn/patches/patch-af
cvs rdiff -r1.5 -r1.6 pkgsrc/news/inn/patches/patch-ag
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.