Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/chat/silc-client
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <email@example.com>
Date: 05/25/2002 00:38:09
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: hubertf
Date: Fri May 24 21:38:09 UTC 2002
pkgsrc/chat/silc-client: Makefile PLIST distinfo
Update silc-client to version 0.9.1. Changes:
* Call the completion for resolving client information only
after all resolvers has finished. This fixes a crash in
the client. Added support for checking when the resolvers
* Wait by default 3 seconds before reconnecting to the server
after being disconnected. Makes the /detach command a bit
* Remove the client entry from cache if the WATCH notify type
is KILLED, SERVER_SIGNOFF or SIGNOFF.
* Fixed a crash in OPER and SILCOPER command sending. Empty
passphrase caused the crash.
* Merged with Irssi CVS for Irssi SILC client.
* Added permanent channels support by making the channel
permanent when FOUNDER_AUTH mode is set on the channel.
The channel will not be destroyed even if channel is empty
when that mode is set. Protocol TODO #17.
* Fixed rekey protocol with PFS in the client library.
* Fixed client info resolving on LEAVE command in client
library to not crash.
* Defined that the NICK command replies with thew changed
nickname too, to make the nickname changing simpler at
the client's end. Updated protocol specs and the code
in client and server.
* Remove pending command callbacks also if the connection
to the server is destroyed.
* Added new channel user modes BLOCK_MESSAGES_USERS and
BLOCK_MESSAGES_ROBOTS. Updated the protocol specs and the
* Added support for watch list. It is possible to add nicknames
to be watched, and when they come to network, leave network
or user mode changes the watcher will be notified of this
change. Added SILC_COMMAND_WATCH command, added new
notify type SILC_NOTIFY_TYPE_WATCH to deliver the watch
notifications. Updated the protocol specs and implemented
this to library, client and server. Protocol TODO #21.
* Added user mode SILC_UMODE_REJECT_WATCHING to reject
somebody watching you. Updated the protocol specs and the
* Added MIME header parsing in Irssi SILC Client. It displays
all textual MIME objects, others it ignores.
* Defined <channel user mode list> argument to WHOIS command
reply for returning user modes on the channels. The
channel list now doesn't include the user mode anymore but the
actual channel mode. Updated protocol specs and the code in
client and server.
* Added SILC session detachment/resuming support. It is possible
to detach by closing the network connection and then re-connect
and resume to the old client session. Added DETACHED user
mode that server will set for detached client. Added new
packet RESUME_CLIENT which is used to perform the resuming
process. Added DETACH command. Updated the protocol specs,
core library, client and server. Protocol TODO #22.
* Added new user modes ANONYMOUS for special anonymous servers
that may set the mode for client, and BLOCK_PRIVMSG which
client may set to block incoming private messages unless the
Private Message Key flag is set (using private keys to protect
private messages). Updated protocol specs and code in client
and server and core library. Protocol TODO #23.
* Added new channel user mode BLOCK_MESSAGES which the client
may set to itself to tell server not send channel messages.
Other packets such as channel key packets are still sent.
Protocol TODO #23. Updated the protocol specs, client and
* Added more IM-like features by introducing new user modes
for setting various presence information. Added new modes:
INDISPOSED, BUSY, PAGE, HYPER and ROBOT. Updated protocol
specs and code. Protocol TODO #19.
* The LIST command reply in client libary now adds new channel
entry if the returned channel doesn't exist yet in cache,
and returns the channel entry to the application in the
command_reply client operation.
* Rewrote the version SKE version checking in client libary
and in server to use the silc_parse_version_string.
* Added two new channel modes: SILC_CMODE_SILENCE_USERS
and SILC_CMODE_SILENCE_OPERS which can be used to moderate
the channel. Updated protocol specs and impelemented this
to client and server. Protocol TODO #6.
Added new options m and M to CMODE command in Irssi SILC
client to set these modes.
* Deprecated all administrative commands from SILC protocol
since they are highly implementation specific commands.
Updated protocol specs. Moved the old commands in
implementations to private range of command types.
* Some client implementations quit network by doing first LEAVE
and then immediately SIGNOFF (like Bombyx). We now do check
after a short time after LEAVE notify and check whether the
client is still valid after LEAVE, and if not we remove it from
Patch submitted by Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org> in PR 16980.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.11 -r1.12 pkgsrc/chat/silc-client/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.5 -r1.6 pkgsrc/chat/silc-client/PLIST
cvs rdiff -r1.10 -r1.11 pkgsrc/chat/silc-client/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.