Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/graphics
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Bernd Ernesti <email@example.com>
Date: 04/30/2002 18:10:03
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: veego
Date: Tue Apr 30 15:10:03 UTC 2002
pkgsrc/graphics/gmplayer: DESCR Makefile PLIST distinfo
pkgsrc/graphics/mplayer: DESCR Makefile Makefile.common PLIST distinfo
pkgsrc/graphics/gmplayer/patches: patch-ab patch-ad patch-ae patch-ag
pkgsrc/graphics/mplayer/patches: patch-ab patch-ad patch-ae patch-ag
Update mplayer from version 0.60 to 0.90pre2 (old distfile is now longer
available). Not tested with the recent gcc and binutils changes.
Only one local patchfile is now needed, which fix a -Wl,-R problem
and reenables the auto detect support for libmpdvdkit on NetBSD.
Where libmpdvdkit is now disabled, due to the css code in that source.
The MPlayer code use libdvdread so it still can read DVDs.
The css code is also the reason why we have to use NO_SRC_ON_FTP.
List of changes, without being complete.
Changes in 0.90pre2:
- hwac3 fixes (try AFMT_AC3 first), bigendian fixes for PCM audio
- 2-pass encoding with libavcodec (-lavcopts vpass=x), B frames support
- faster .ogg seeking (use -forceidx for slow but accurate one)
- audio-only with gui fixed
- -rootwin fixed for x11,xv,xmga,xvidix
- aspect ratio fix for ffmpeg12
- mpeg-es detection fixed
- runtime cpudetect disabled by default
- support for many new win32 codecs, including mss1, tm20, ucod, truespeech
- divx audio dll sig11 with glibc 2.1.(2|3) fixed
- includes libmpdvdkit - patched kit of dvd libraries (enabled for linux+freebsd)
- manpages updated
- 'f' (fullscreen switch) fixed for some WMs, still has problems
- various freebsd and openbsd portability patches
- options -xy,-zoom,-flip usable with mencoder too, -xy keeps aspect
- -vop lavc, using new fast best libavcodec for realtime mpeg1 transcoding
- fixed gtk gui crash with --disable-mencoder
- no more black vobsub subtitles :)
Changes in 0.90pre1:
- 100% GPL - yeah, so what?
- runtime CPU detection code - any x86 MPlayer binary can run on "any"
other x86 CPU
- video filter layer - with numerous plugins (crop, expand, etc, see
- ability to view or encode DVD/vobsub and/or text subtitles into the
- prelimenary dvdnav support (experimental)
- Direct Rendering - can't be used with libavcodec yet, sorry
- ability to display subtitles under the image, on black bands
- FFmpeg (included) now supports decoding MPEG4v2 (MP42) and DivX 5.0
- greatly enhanced MPEG4 encoder - in libavcodec. It's not always as good
as DivX4, but is twice as fast - so it's very useful on realtime encoding.
And generally also.
- audio-only (wav/mp3/wma/ogg) file playback (console only)
- playing/encoding audio from separate wav/mp3 file
- support for more fileformats, including the new and very popular .ogg
- multiple files playback from console, including various playlist formats
- and of course, faster than ever... :)
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r22.214.171.124 -r1.2 pkgsrc/graphics/gmplayer/DESCR \
cvs rdiff -r1.3 -r1.4 pkgsrc/graphics/gmplayer/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r126.96.36.199 -r0 pkgsrc/graphics/gmplayer/files/vcd_read_nbsd.c
cvs rdiff -r188.8.131.52 -r1.2 pkgsrc/graphics/gmplayer/patches/patch-aa
cvs rdiff -r184.108.40.206 -r0 pkgsrc/graphics/gmplayer/patches/patch-ab \
cvs rdiff -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/graphics/mplayer/DESCR
cvs rdiff -r1.22 -r1.23 pkgsrc/graphics/mplayer/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.4 -r1.5 pkgsrc/graphics/mplayer/Makefile.common \
cvs rdiff -r1.3 -r1.4 pkgsrc/graphics/mplayer/PLIST
cvs rdiff -r1.1 -r0 pkgsrc/graphics/mplayer/files/vcd_read_nbsd.c
cvs rdiff -r1.3 -r1.4 pkgsrc/graphics/mplayer/patches/patch-aa
cvs rdiff -r1.2 -r0 pkgsrc/graphics/mplayer/patches/patch-ab
cvs rdiff -r1.3 -r0 pkgsrc/graphics/mplayer/patches/patch-ad \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.