Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/archivers/bzip2
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Martin J. Laubach <email@example.com>
Date: 03/24/2002 16:02:37
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: mjl
Date: Sun Mar 24 14:02:37 UTC 2002
pkgsrc/archivers/bzip2: Makefile distinfo
Update bzip2 to 1.0.2
A bug fix release, addressing various minor issues.
* Fix an infinite segfault loop in 1.0.1 when a directory is encountered
in -f (force) mode.
* Avoid double fclose() of output file on certain I/O error paths.
* Don't fail with internal error 1007 when fed a long stream (> 48MB)
of byte 251. Also print useful message suggesting that 1007s may be
caused by bad memory.
* Fix uninitialised variable silly bug in demo prog dlltest.c.
* Remove 512-MB limitation on recovered file size for bzip2recover
on selected platforms which support 64-bit ints.
* Copy file access times correctly.
* Dereference symlinks when copying file permissions in -f mode.
* Majorly simplify implementation of uInt64_qrm10.
* Check the input file still exists before deleting the output one,
when aborting in cleanUpAndFail().
* Wrapper scripts (with manpages): bzdiff, bzgrep, bzmore.
* Spelling changes and minor enhancements in bzip2.1.
* Avoid race condition between creating the output file and setting its
interim permissions safely, by using fopen_output_safely().
* do not print senseless report with -v when compressing an empty file.
* bzcat -f works on non-bzip2 files.
* do not try to escape shell meta-characters on unix (the shell takes
care of these).
* added --fast and --best aliases for -1 -9 for gzip compatibility.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.17 -r1.18 pkgsrc/archivers/bzip2/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.5 -r1.6 pkgsrc/archivers/bzip2/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r1.4 -r1.5 pkgsrc/archivers/bzip2/patches/patch-aa
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.