Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/databases/mysql-server
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Martti Kuparinen <email@example.com>
Date: 03/18/2002 16:17:45
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: martti
Date: Mon Mar 18 14:17:45 UTC 2002
pkgsrc/databases/mysql-server/patches: patch-aa patch-ae patch-af
Updated mysql-server to 3.23.49
* Don't give warning for statement that is only a comment; This is
needed for mysqldump --disable-keys to work.
* Fixed unlikely caching bug when doing a join without keys. In this case
the last used field for a table always returned NULL.
* Added options to make LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE more secure.
* Added --xml option to mysqldump for producing XML output.
* Changed to use autoconf 2.52 (from autoconf 2.13)
* Fixed bug in complicated join with const tables.
* Added internal safety checks for InnoDB.
* Some InnoDB variables was always shown in SHOW VARIABLES as OFF on
high-byte-first systems (like sparc).
* Fixed problem with one thread using an InnoDB table and another thread
doing an ALTER TABLE on the same table. Before that, mysqld could crash
with an assertion failure in row0row.c, line 474.
* Tuned the InnoDB SQL optimizer to favor more often index searches over
table scans. SELECT queries will now also generally run faster on all
* If MySQL binlogging is used, InnoDB now prints after crash recovery the
latest MySQL binlog name and the offset InnoDB was able to recover to.
This is useful, for example, when resynchronizing a master and a slave
database in replication.
* Added better error messages to help in installation problems of
* One can now recover also MySQL temporary tables which have become
orphaned inside the InnoDB tablespace.
* InnoDB now prevents a FOREIGN KEY declaration where the signedness is
not the same in the referencing and referenced integer columns.
* Calling SHOW CREATE TABLE or SHOW TABLE STATUS could cause memory
corruption and make mysqld to crash. Especially at risk was mysqldump,
because it calls frequently SHOW CREATE TABLE.
* If inserts to several tables containing an auto-inc column were wrapped
inside one LOCK TABLES, InnoDB asserted in lock0lock.c.
* In 3.23.47 we allowed several NULLS in a UNIQUE secondary index for an
InnoDB table. But CHECK TABLE was not relaxed: it reports the table as
corrupt. CHECK TABLE no longer complains in this situation.
* SHOW GRANTS now shows REFERENCES instead of REFERENCE.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.10 -r1.11 pkgsrc/databases/mysql-server/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r1.5 -r1.6 pkgsrc/databases/mysql-server/patches/patch-aa
cvs rdiff -r1.9 -r1.10 pkgsrc/databases/mysql-server/patches/patch-ae \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.