Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/net/rsync
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <email@example.com>
Date: 03/12/2002 18:02:58
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: tron
Date: Tue Mar 12 16:02:58 UTC 2002
pkgsrc/net/rsync: Makefile distinfo
Update "rsync" package to version 2.5.3. Changes since version 2.5.2:
- Make sure that supplementary groups are removed from a server
process after changing uid and gid. (Ethan Benson) (Debian bug
#132272, CVE CAN-2002-0080)
- Fix zlib double-free bug. (Owen Taylor, Mark J Cox) (CVE
- Fixed problem that in many cases caused the error message
unexpected read size of 0 in map_ptr
and resulted in the wrong data being copied.
- Fixed compilation errors on some systems caused by the use of
"unsigned int64" in rsync.h.
- Fixed problem on systems such as Sunos4 that do not support realloc
on a NULL pointer; error was "out of memory in flist_expand".
- Fix for rsync server processes hanging around after the client
unexpectedly disconnects. (Colin Walters) (Debian bug #128632)
- Cope with BSD systems on which mkdir() will not accept a trailing
- Merge in changes from zlib 1.1.2 to zlib 1.1.3. (Note that
rsync still uses a custom version of zlib; you can not just link
against a system library. See zlib/README.rsync)
- Command to initiate connections is only shown with -vv, rather
than -v as in 2.5.2. Output from plain -v is more similar to
what was historically used so as not to break scripts that try
to parse the output.
- Added --no-whole-file and --no-blocking-io options (Dave Dykstra)
- Made the --write-batch and --read-batch options actually work
and added documentation in the man page (Jos Backus)
- If the daemon is unable to fork a child to accept a connection,
print an error message. (Colin Walters)
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.39 -r1.40 pkgsrc/net/rsync/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.5 -r1.6 pkgsrc/net/rsync/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r1.7 -r1.8 pkgsrc/net/rsync/patches/patch-aa
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.