Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/arch
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Jon Buller <email@example.com>
Date: 02/21/2002 05:02:35
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: jonb
Date: Thu Feb 21 03:02:35 UTC 2002
pkgsrc/devel/arch: Makefile PLIST distinfo
pkgsrc/devel/arch/patches: patch-aa patch-ab
Update to 1.0pre9, fix MASTER_SITES to use archive directory, so the next
update does not break the fetch. Improve the method used to insert GNU
patch into the installed package. Update fixes include:
* A set of changes to support "mawk".
If "awk" is "mawk", certain Posix regexps that were used by
arch aren't handled, causing commands to fail. These have
been replaced with regexps that all awks should understand.
(Patch from Jan Harkes.)
* LC_ (locale) environment variables are now set more carefully.
(Reported by Federico Di Gregorio.)
* A new command, `make-sync-tree' has been added.
* The "Standard-date:" field in log messages is now GMT
and includes the time-of-day.
(Suggested by Daniele Nicolodi.)
* Remaining (reported) Solaris portability problems fixed.
(Patches from Jonathan Geisler.)
* CDPATH is unset in `larch'
If CDPATH is set, with some shells, `cd' produces unwanted
output. Therefore, `larch' unsets CDPATH. (Reported by
John Ellson, diagnosed by Lele Gaifax.)
* Various minor bug fixes. Among these are the configuration
system changes requested by people who have tried building
on cygwin, though I'm certain there's much more to be done
before arch actually works on cygwin.
* Naming Conventions Tweaked
Source files can now begin with "_" and must not end with ".a" or
".o". The names "CVS.adm", "SCCS", and "RCSLOG" have been added to
the list of "not a source file". (reported by several people).
Someone asked to also exclude some compiler intermediate
files, such as "y.tab.c" -- I've not done that because it
is common practice to distribute such files with programs
to make bootstrapping easier.
* user id syntax liberalized
"_" is now permitted in the unique id part of a user id. This is
really a partial fix -- `valid-id' should agree precisely with
various standards on what is a legal email address and domain
name, but the more extensive fix is being postponed until a
more complete review of all of the naming convention functions
takes place. (Reported by don_dayley.)
* valid-log-file error message clarified
In response to user confusion, `valid-log-file' now reports
missing (or empty) "Summary:" header
instead of just
missing "Summary:" header
(Reported by several people.)
* bugs in the hackerlab "tests/arrays-tests" and "tests/fs-tests" have
been fixed (Reported and patched by Matthias Neeracher).
* an awk syntax error in `log-header-field' has been fixed
(Reported and patch by Jan Harkes.)
* You can now use an alternative shell for configuration
"config.status" files now start with "#!" lines and the
"src/build-tools/scripts" configuration scripts use an
explicitly chosen shell to call each other. The top-level
configure script now accepts a "--config-shell SHELL" option.
This is a small step towards cygwin portability, and eases
some of the portability constraints on "configure" for systems
where "/bin/sh" is not quite posix.
(Reported by Jason Diamond and others.)
* added a --pull option to push-mirror
The new option speeds up the case of pushing from a remote archive
to a local mirror.
* avoid dirent portability problems
Some portability problems in libhackerlab's use of dirent have been
fixed. (Reported by several people.)
* `star-merge --finish' was broken.
Now it isn't.
* `prepare-branch': bug fix from geisler
* `reconcile': bug fix from geisler
* `whats-missing': bug fix from geisler
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.4 -r1.5 pkgsrc/devel/arch/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.3 -r1.4 pkgsrc/devel/arch/PLIST
cvs rdiff -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/devel/arch/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r0 -r1.1 pkgsrc/devel/arch/patches/patch-aa \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.