Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/net/rsync
To: None <email@example.com>
From: Manuel BOUYER <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 01/26/2002 21:04:50
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: bouyer
Date: Sat Jan 26 19:04:50 UTC 2002
pkgsrc/net/rsync: Makefile distinfo
Update to 2.5.2. Changes since 2.5.1:
rsync 2.5.2 (26 Jan 2002)
* Signedness security patch from Sebastian Krahmer
<email@example.com> -- in some cases we were not sufficiently
careful about reading integers from the network.
* Fix possible string mangling in log files.
* Fix for setting local address of outgoing sockets.
* Better handling of hardlinks and devices on platforms with
64-bit dev_t or ino_t.
* Name resolution on machines supporting IPv6 is improved.
* Fix for device nodes. (dann frazier) (Debian #129135)
* With -v, rsync now shows the command used to initiate an ssh/rsh
* --statistics now shows memory heap usage on platforms that
* "The Ted T'so school of program optimization": make progress
visible and people will think it's faster. (With --progress,
rsync will show you how many files it has seen as it builds the
file_list, giving some indication that it has not hung.)
* Improvements to batch mode support. This is still experimental
but testing would be welcome. (Jos Backus)
* New --ignore-existing option, patch previously distributed with
Vipul's Razor. (Debian #124286)
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.37 -r1.38 pkgsrc/net/rsync/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.3 -r1.4 pkgsrc/net/rsync/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.