Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/www/skipstone
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <email@example.com>
Date: 01/24/2002 15:47:03
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: wiz
Date: Thu Jan 24 13:47:03 UTC 2002
pkgsrc/www/skipstone: Makefile PLIST distinfo
pkgsrc/www/skipstone/patches: patch-aa patch-ab patch-ac patch-ad
Update to 0.7.8. Compiles with 0.9.7 mozilla, thus fixing
bulk build problem.
Changes since 0.7.4:
- use putenv instead of setenv for sun systems.
- Added a FavIcon plugin, requires GdkPixbuf and will only work with
current CVS skipstone and 0.7.8 or higher releases. Introduces a new
plugin position (PLUGIN_IN_TOOLBAR_BEFORE_ENTRY) some of you may have to
recompile your plugins.
- Fixed title setting for notebook window and added a check
for null titles in adding go menu items.
- Patch from Ashie, to fix copy/paste between notebook tabs.
- Fix to the reload menu as I was not returning what gtk was expecting,
it was causing a reload hangup
- Lots of Improvements to the Throb plugin thanks to M.R. Muthu Kumar. Now
Throbbers should be placed in ~/.skipstone/plugins/throbbers
- Thanks to "M.R.Muthu Kumar" <firstname.lastname@example.org> for
noticing a bug when closing the config window with plugins that wants
its stuff saved, that crashes skip. Fixed now.
- Fix titles so that they are not shortened in the window title of the
notebook interface, if the notebook label itself is shortened.
- Added an option to disable annoying popups, in mozilla node check disable
popups to activate.
- Applied a patch with changes from Petr Blahos <email@example.com> so that
hitting alt-l does not open the url entry dialog if the navigation bar
is on, rather just grabs focus on the entry, otherwise default behavior
is kept if the navigation toolbar is off.
- Fix crash recovery some more! it was dying out too fast because of
the recent changes.
- make cvsmozilla=1 for those of you using CVS mozilla as of 9th of dec.
update since an API had changed. people using <= 0.96 should just do a make
- Applied a patch from : "M.R.Muthu Kumar" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
That loads a pixmap for bookmark link in the bookmark toolbar and another
one for the bookmark folder. mini_folder.xpm and mini_link.xpm. Those are
added to the default theme ofcourse, now people are more than welcome
to draw other ones for the rest of the themes :)
- Added an option to toggle the use of HTTP version 1.0, as i found out
that my intenet junkbuster proxy does not like http version 1.1 - so if
you are seeing weird behavior using jb with skipstone, check use 1.0 in
mozilla config section.
- updated japanese translations from ashie.
- Changed the way the titles are handled since the new patch didn't play
well with windowed mode.
- Another Patch from email@example.com for internationlizing copy/paste.
- Set title on window even on notebook mode and on switch of notebook.
- Use g_get_home_dir() instead of getenv("HOME");
- Patch from firstname.lastname@example.org that enables title encoding so that japanese,
chinese and other chars display correctly in bookmarks and titles.
- Add SkipStone's version to the user_agent string.
- Fixed a crash for confirmEx dialog temporarly until I finish the
- Applied a patch for bookmarks from email@example.com that fixes dropping of
bookmarks onto the root of another bookmark and also adds the ability to
autoscroll when you are dropping a bookmark further down the ctree.
- Fixed a condition where mozilla embedding components could be faulty
and would still cause crash recovery to respawn even though we are
trapping the respawning. Now skipstone should print the message
about the fast respawning and just quit.
- Added skipstone-desk.png and skipstone-now.png one for your desktop
and one to promote skipstone :) Thanks to Jenn <firstname.lastname@example.org>
for the skipstone-now icon - I lost the email which I got the skipstone.png
desktop icon so if the user who made it can email me again so I can give
him appropriate credit.
- crash fix when closing a detabbed tab, thanks to Dam
<email@example.com> for noticing that one.
- Patch from Dam's <firstname.lastname@example.org> to shorten the spaces in the
- Ben Winslow <email@example.com> sent in a patch that reported exact
progress if known, I modified it to do a progerss_all instead displaying
the site name and also calculates estimated speed in bps. Anyone else
is welcome to do timed calcuations if they like.
- Now SkipStone can be compiled with a debug=1 flag that will enable function
calls to be displayed for debugging purposes, if you are having problems
with skipstone its a good idea to recompile with make debug=1 and run
skipstone > debugout then send me the latest lines from debugout - helps.
- Added webbrowserpersist to include according to new mozilla include dirs
- Renamed read_config() to read_skipstone_config() and the same for
write_config(), read_config() was causing CrossOver plugin problems.
Appearntly they were using the same or something went wrong with both
Skip and the plugin so the easiest solution was to rename our functions.
Thanks to Martin Wulffeld <firstname.lastname@example.org> for doing all the detective
work with this, he came up with the answer and emailed me about it.
- More renaming for CrossOver stuff. I wonder why all those conflicts.
- Updated nl.po by Francois Duprez.
- A new AutoComplete plugin, install it and hit tab on the entry location
to get a list of possible completions when typing a url.
- Mozilla 0.9.5 and CVS Mozilla compatibility.
- Added Escape as a key handler to destroy the windows in history, bookmarks
print, open location, config, and error dialogs. Basically all the windows
will be destroyed when hitting escape except for skipstone window which
stop load when hitting escape.
- Patch from Petr Blahos <email@example.com> Adds directory locations for
SUSE distros to skipstone startup script, fixes the previous tab menuitem
which was calling the next function! and adds a new fixed tab size feature.
- Patch from Mike Meyer <firstname.lastname@example.org> to config.mk so that PREFIX can be
passed and used in INCLUDE and LIB locations instead of only installtion
location, helps with FreeBSD port maintaince.
- Disable all warnings for submit/enter secure/leave secure site by default
if crypto is compiled in until I file a bug about not being prompted to
stop this behavior by mozilla prompt service.
- avoid potential crash when appending an entry to go menu and location is
- Added a new position to plugins, PLUGIN_IN_TOOLBAR_START which causes
plugins to be loaded before skipstone's control buttons (back, forward, etc)
and added two examples that use that .. a button that when clicked creates
a new skipstone page or notebook tab and if pasted on, it'll create a page
with the buffer loaded on. There are two versions of this plugin, a text
only version for people without Imlib2 and an Imlib enhanced version
that can load a graphical image that can be set via the config (it can be
disabled also in the imlib version to remain text only) - Set the image file
from its config section in skipstone's config. You may want to recompile
all your plugins and skipstone ofcourse.
- Fix to compile with 0.93 and keep backward compatibility with 0.92 calls.
- Added an option to control underlining of links in the Appearance section.
- Originally patch from Mike Meyer <email@example.com> for adding an option
to disable use of web page colors, I put that in its own Appearance node
in prepration to make the colors configurable from skipstone also, rather
than using the default mozilla colors.
- Fixed an odd crash when setting the title sometimes.
- Patch from Mike Meyer <firstname.lastname@example.org> to fix SIGUSR1 in ipc for BSD users.
- Spec file fixed from IKEUCHI Hiroki <email@example.com>
- Patch from Takuro Ashie <firstname.lastname@example.org> to add support for changing
fonts for multiple languages instead of western only. Also adds Cursive
and Fantasy fonts settings.
-Another patch from Takuro, adds _() internatilization around strings
in skipstone-prompter and skipdownload.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/www/skipstone/Makefile \
cvs rdiff -r1.1 -r1.2 pkgsrc/www/skipstone/PLIST
cvs rdiff -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/www/skipstone/patches/patch-aa
cvs rdiff -r188.8.131.52 -r1.2 pkgsrc/www/skipstone/patches/patch-ab \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.