Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/games/crafty
To: None <email@example.com>
From: Johnny C. Lam <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 01/12/2002 07:48:16
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: jlam
Date: Sat Jan 12 05:48:16 UTC 2002
pkgsrc/games/crafty: Makefile PLIST distinfo
Update games/crafty to 18.13. Changes from version 18.12 include:
* Deep Blue extension limit removed and restored to one ply of extension per
ply of search.
* pruning in q-search fixed so that a capture will be considered if it takes
the total material on the board down to a bishop or less for the opponent,
as that can greatly influence the evaluation with the EvaluateWinner() code.
* as the 50 move rule draws near, the hash table scores are marked as invalid
every 5 moves so that hashing can't hide potential 50-move-rule draws.
* lazy evaluation code modified to be more conservative, since in endgames
the positional score can be a large change.
* EvaluatePassedPawnRaces() fixed so that if one side has two pawns that are
far enough apart, it will recognize that even though the king is "in the
square" of either, it can't always stay in the square of one if it has to
capture the other.
* pawn hash signature restored to 64 bits after testing proved that 32 was
producing an unacceptable number of collisions.
* search node counter is now 64 bits as well to avoid overflows.
* in the outside passed pawn code fixed (bad mask).
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.18 -r1.19 pkgsrc/games/crafty/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.1 -r1.2 pkgsrc/games/crafty/PLIST
cvs rdiff -r1.4 -r1.5 pkgsrc/games/crafty/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.