Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/audio/lame
To: None <email@example.com>
From: Thomas Klausner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 01/07/2002 18:38:33
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: wiz
Date: Mon Jan 7 16:38:33 UTC 2002
pkgsrc/audio/lame: Makefile distinfo
pkgsrc/audio/lame/patches: patch-aa patch-ab patch-ac
Update to 3.91.
Changes since 3.89:
* Darin Morrison: Bugfix for --alt-preset (for content with low volume,
clean vocals), only important for the "fast standard" preset
* Alexander Leidinger: <BR
* add some missing files to the distribution
* add --alt-preset to the man page
* Many small improvements and bug fixes not added to history
* John Dahlstrom: more fine tuning on the auto adjustment of the ATH
* Robert Hegemann: small speed and quality improvements for the old VBR
* Robert Hegemann: some short block bug fixes
* Robert Hegemann: Big improvements to --vbr-mtrh, now encodes much
more frequencies over 16khz
* Robert Hegemann: --vbr-new code disabled (outdated and lower quality)
and replaced with --vbr-mtrh (Both --vbr-new and --vbr-mtrh now
default to mtrh)
* Robert Hegemann: reordering of --longhelp to give more information,
* Darin Morrison: Totally revamped and extremely high quality unified
preset system and other general quality improvements now available
* some improvements to psychoacoustics (vast improvements over
default L.A.M.E. modes) when --alt-preset is used including:
* Improved tuning of short block usage.
* Improved quantization selection usage (the -X modes), now
adapts between appropriate modes on the fly. Also helps on
"dropout" problems and with pre-echo cases.
* Improved joint stereo usage. Thresholds are better tuned now
and fix some "dropout" problems L.A.M.E. suffers from on
clips like serioustrouble.
* Improved noise shaping usage. Now switches between noise
shaping modes on the fly (toggles -Z on and off when
appropriate) which allows lower bitrates but without the
* Clips vastly improved over default L.A.M.E. modes
(vbr/cbr/abr, including --r3mix): castanets, florida_seq,
death2, fatboy, spahm, gbtinc, ravebase, short, florida_seq,
hihat, bassdrum, 2nd_vent_clip, serioustrouble, bloodline,
and others. No degraded clips known.
* VBR bitrates are now more "stable" with less fluctuation --
not dipping too low on some music and not increasing too
high unnecessarily on other music. "--alt-preset standard"
provides bitrates roughly within the range of 180-220kbps,
often averaging close to 192kbps.
* --alt-presets replace the --dm-presets and "metal" preset is
removed and replaced with generic abr and cbr presets.
* --alt-preset extreme (note the 'e') replaces xtreme to help
eliminate some confusion
* --alt-preset vbr modes now have a fast option which offers almost
no compromise in speed.
* --alt-preset standard (and "fast standard") are now much lower in
bitrate, matching --r3mix with an overall average, though
offering higher quality especially on difficult test samples.
* --alt-presets are no longer just "presets" as in a collection of
switches, instead they are now quality "modes" because of special
code level tunings (those mentioned above).
* Use --alt-preset help for more information.
* Roel VdB: more tuning on the --r3mix preset
* Jon Dee, Roel VdB: INFO tag
* Alexander Leidinger, email@example.com: added --scale-l and
--scale-r to scale stereo channels independantly
* Takehiro Tominaga: new noise shaping mode, offering more "cutting
edge" shaping according to masking, enabled via -q1
* Mark Taylor: More work on --nogap
* Gabriel Bouvigne: Small changes to abr code for more accurate final
* Gabriel Bouvigne, firstname.lastname@example.org: Preliminary ReplayGain
analysis code added (not functional yet)
* Gabriel Bouvigne, Alexander Leidinger: Documentation updates
* John Dahlstrom, DSPguru@math.com: floating point interface function
in the Windows DLL
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.16 -r1.17 pkgsrc/audio/lame/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.4 -r1.5 pkgsrc/audio/lame/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r1.8 -r1.9 pkgsrc/audio/lame/patches/patch-aa
cvs rdiff -r1.4 -r1.5 pkgsrc/audio/lame/patches/patch-ab
cvs rdiff -r1.1 -r1.2 pkgsrc/audio/lame/patches/patch-ac
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.