Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/x11
To: None <email@example.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 01/07/2002 17:10:18
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: fredb
Date: Mon Jan 7 15:10:18 UTC 2002
pkgsrc/x11/xscreensaver: Makefile.common PLIST distinfo
Update xscreensaver and xscreensaver-gnome to version 3.34. Bug fixes, and a
couple of new "hacks". The following is straight from the README file.
Changes since 3.33: * Turned `memoryLimit' off by default, sigh. Apparently
some versions of the GL libraries (appear to) allocate
hundreds of megs for every GL program, so `memoryLimit'
was causing GL programs to malfunction or crash on
* Improved fading on TrueColor XFree86 4.1.x systems.
* New GL hack, `circuit'.
* Added `fuzz' mode to `decayscreen'.
* New version of `whirlygig'.
* Added links to `glplanet' and `sphereEversion'.
* Fixed rare race condition that could make `sonar' hang.
* Fixed potential crash in `speedmine'.
* Made `xscreensaver-demo' not crash when imageDirectory
was set to a non-existent directory.
* Made `xscreensaver-getimage-video' invoke XawTV's
`streamer' program better.
* Made `phosphor' and `starwars' deal with CR, LF,
or CRLF line endings.
* Changes for Cygwin compilation environments.
* Made `sonar' compile on systems that can't ping.
* Configure changes for HPUX 10.20.
* Made PAM code work on Red Had 4.2 systems.
* Made `xscreensaver-command -deactivate' work when the
saver is not active: what that does is reset the idle
timer, as if keyboard input had been detected. This
was added for the benefit of people writing DVD-playing
software: they can now prevent the screensaver from
kicking in by sending a -deactivate message once a
minute while the movie is playing and not paused.
* Various minor portability tweaks.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.20 -r1.21 pkgsrc/x11/xscreensaver/Makefile.common
cvs rdiff -r1.1 -r1.2 pkgsrc/x11/xscreensaver/PLIST
cvs rdiff -r1.6 -r1.7 pkgsrc/x11/xscreensaver/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r1.1 -r1.2 pkgsrc/x11/xscreensaver-gnome/PLIST
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.