Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/editors/nedit
To: None <email@example.com>
From: Martin J. Laubach <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 10/31/2001 02:03:16
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: mjl
Date: Wed Oct 31 00:03:16 UTC 2001
pkgsrc/editors/nedit: Makefile distinfo
Update to 5.2. Notable changes and bug fixes include:
- Added built-in patterns for CSS, XML, and regular expressions (Regex).
Many other pattern updates.
- Support for high- and true-color systems. NEdit now will automatically
select the best visual from your X server. This reduces the chance of
running out of colors.
- New features in the Find and Replace dialogs:
o Replacement across multiple windows in a session.
o Case sensitivity may be set independently of regular expressions.
o Add "Replace and Find" command, which saves keystrokes when doing
a large-scale find & replace.
- ClearCase version-extended pathnames.
- Many new macro subroutines and variables, array support in macros.
- Range highlighting of matching delimiters.
- Undo and Redo highlights the text that has changed, when visible.
- Support for wheel mouse scrolling on servers that support it (XFree86).
- Improved accelerator key handling.
- Insert Control Code dialog accepts value in any valid C notation
- Optional beeping when search operations wrap.
- Additional default search styles.
- Optional displaying of path names in the window list menu.
- Fix a crash when entering an invalid line number in "Goto Line".
- Fix problems when running NEdit on 64-bit platforms like Alpha
- NEdit failed to open files if some directories above were not "readable"
- Fix potential crashes if some system calls fail
- When no colors are left, attempt to reuse the closest matching color. This
allows NEdit's syntax highlighting to better coexist with Netscape, which
unfortuntely takes all available colors.
- Accelerators now available in confirmation dialogs, and may be invoked
without the Alt key.
- Don't even try to open a directory for editing
- Fix a couple of memory corruption problems
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.18 -r1.19 pkgsrc/editors/nedit/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.3 -r1.4 pkgsrc/editors/nedit/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r1.8 -r1.9 pkgsrc/editors/nedit/patches/patch-aa
cvs rdiff -r1.1 -r1.2 pkgsrc/editors/nedit/pkg/PLIST
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.