Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/games/crafty
To: None <email@example.com>
From: Johnny C. Lam <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 10/23/2001 08:53:53
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: jlam
Date: Tue Oct 23 05:53:53 UTC 2001
pkgsrc/games/crafty: Makefile distinfo
Update crafty to 18.12 and strongly-buildlinkify. Relevant changes from
version 18.10 include:
- the pawn ram code is now disabled when playing a computer, although the
normal 'blocked pawn' code is always active.
- bug in the code that penalizes a rook with no horizontal mobility was fixed.
if the first rook scored had horizontal mobility, the second rook appeared
to have this mobility as well, which was wrong.
- pawn hash statistics were wrong on longer searches due to an int overflow on
a multiply and divide calculation. this has been re-ordered to avoid the
- for unknown reasons, epd support was disabled. it is now enabled as it
- bug in EvaluateDraws() fixed to not call KBB vs KN a draw if the correct
tablebase is not available.
- bishop pair scores now vary depending on how many pawns are left on the
board. a pair is not worth a lot if there are 7-8 pawns left as most
diagonals will be blocked by pawns.
- a new way of handling the search extensions is in place. with the old
approach, one ply could not extend more than one full ply. with the new
approach, borrowed from Deep Blue, two consecutive plies can not extend more
than two plies total. It averages out to be the same, of course, but the
effect is a bit different. Now it is possible for a check and recapture to
be applied at the same ply, where they could not before (since a check was
already a full one-ply extension). whether this is better or not is not
clear yet, but it is worth careful analysis.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.5325 -r1.5326 doc/pkg-CHANGES
cvs rdiff -r1.17 -r1.18 pkgsrc/games/crafty/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.3 -r1.4 pkgsrc/games/crafty/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.