Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/net/rp-pppoe
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <email@example.com>
Date: 10/07/2001 16:26:38
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: tron
Date: Sun Oct 7 13:26:38 UTC 2001
pkgsrc/net/rp-pppoe: Makefile distinfo
pkgsrc/net/rp-pppoe/patches: patch-aa patch-ad
Update "rp-pppoe" package to version 3.3. Changes since version 2.8:
- Client works on Solaris again. It was broken in 3.2.
- Added DEFAULTROUTE=yes|no option to configuration file.
- Server parses address pool file better.
- Server address pool allows ranges of addresses on a line: a.b.c.d-e
- Added "-d" (=debug) and "-P" (=check pool file syntax) options to
- Client now ignores PADT's if they are from the wrong source MAC address
or to the wrong destination MAC address.
- Minor fixes to Makefile.in for Turbolinux.
- Improved KERNEL-MODE-PPPOE instructions
- Works with patched pppd 2.4.1
- Many improvements to server: Added "-u" and "-r" options; server can
now respond to request on multiple Ethernet interfaces.
- SECURITY BUG FIX: Server now ignores PADT's if they are from the wrong
source MAC address. You are STRONGLY RECOMMENDED to upgrade to 3.1
if you use pppoe-server in production.
- Many small improvements to server. Server now only makes one
discovery socket, systemwide, with addition of "-n" option to pppoe.
- Fixes for compilation problems on BSD, Solaris and some Linux platforms.
- Added "-p" option to pppoe-server to allow you to specify a pool of
IP addresses to assign to clients.
- Added GUI system (tkpppoe). This work was funded by Iospan
Wireless, Inc. The GUI includes a Set-UID wrapper (pppoe-wrapper)
which allows ordinary users to control a link (if so authorized.)
I believe the wrapper script is secure, but please audit the
source code (gui/wrapper.c) if you have any concerns.
- Changes to scripts and pppoe.conf. DNS setup is now dynamic (happens
each time adsl-connect runs.)
- Made relay.c check packet lengths rigorously; made it throw out Ethernet
frame padding on session packets as well as discovery packets.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.15 -r1.16 pkgsrc/net/rp-pppoe/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/net/rp-pppoe/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r1.5 -r1.6 pkgsrc/net/rp-pppoe/patches/patch-aa
cvs rdiff -r1.1 -r1.2 pkgsrc/net/rp-pppoe/patches/patch-ad
cvs rdiff -r1.6 -r1.7 pkgsrc/net/rp-pppoe/pkg/PLIST
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.