Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc
To: None <email@example.com>
From: Matthias Scheler <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 03/13/2001 17:44:22
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: tron
Date: Tue Mar 13 15:44:22 UTC 2001
Update "ethereal" package to version 0.8.16 using patches supplied by
Martti Kuparinen in PR pkg/12379. Changes since version 0.8.15:
- new dissectors include SUA Light, HCLNFSD, Rquota.
- many other dissectors were updated and bug-fixed
- the wiretap library can now read Etherpeek files, and write NetMon 2.x
- capture filters and display filters are kept in separate dialogues/files
to help minimize confusion.
- a new "Decode As" feature allows some run-time configuration of which
dissectors are called for a particular packet
- the display filter code was re-written, and some syntax changed (esp. for
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.42 -r1.43 pkgsrc/net/ethereal/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.23 -r1.24 pkgsrc/net/ethereal/files/md5
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.