Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <email@example.com>
Date: 03/09/2001 22:27:11
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: jlam
Date: Fri Mar 9 20:27:11 UTC 2001
Update xboard to 4.2.3. Pkgsrc changes include removing the build
dependency on autoconf. Changes from 4.2.2 include:
* Bugfix: The error message "Variant X not supported by gnuchessx"
formerly could pop up even in -ncp mode.
* Fixed an xboard bug in premove highlighting.
* Modified premove again. Now we are back to displaying the move
locally immediately after sending it to the server, as in versions
prior to 4.2.1. This is good because it lets you register your next
premove sooner. As a better fix to the problem that the change in
4.2.1 had been trying to address, we now suppress animating the
opponent's move if you have a premove reply pending.
* Removed an erroneous patch that left zombie chess engines around
when both sigterm and reuse were turned off. (Bug was in xboard only,
* Bugfix: loading a game with autostepping did not work for games with
PGN result "*" (unfinished). This bug was introduced in 4.1.0, caused
by some outdated code that was supposed to leave you in EditGame mode
after loading an unfinished game.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.8 -r1.9 pkgsrc/games/xboard/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.4 -r1.5 pkgsrc/games/xboard/files/md5
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.