Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <email@example.com>
Date: 03/01/2001 06:03:10
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: itojun
Date: Thu Mar 1 04:03:09 UTC 2001
update to 1.3.19 with IPv6 patch.
--- from apache/Announcements
Apache 1.3.19 Major changes
The primary security fix is:
* The default installation could lead mod_negotiation and mod_dir or
mod_autoindex to display a directory listing instead of the
multiview'ed index.html.* files, if a very long path was created
artificially by using many slashes. Now 403 FORBIDDEN is returned.
The bug fixes are:
* The ServerRoot directive now removes trailing slashes.
* Restore functionality broken by the mod_rewrite security fix:
The mod_rewrite string arithmetic is corrected for rewrite map.
* Some possible segfault conditions have been fixed.
* Under certain circumstances, Apache did not supply the
right response headers when requiring authentication.
The main new features include:
* New configuration error reporting if the UserDir argument is set
to a relative path on Win32 or Netware [which do not support home
directories], or a relative path on any platform if that path
includes the '*' username substitution.
Selected new features that relate to Windows platforms:
* Apache on Win9x now ensures the service is stopped before removal.
* Test httpd.conf (-t) now holds the console open on "SYNTAX OK".
* Apache/Win32 no longer holds open the console on error unless
it was invoked from a shortcut with the -w option.
* mod_user was significantly refactored to assure that the UserDir
directive is parsed effectively the same across platforms, fixing
a UserDir bug introduced in 1.3.17 on the Win32 platform.
Selected new features relating to other platforms:
* Netware problems with file extension truncatation are resolved.
* Netware recognizes the SERVER/VOLUME:/PATH/FILE filename pattern.
* Netware mod_tls properly disables nagle for SSL connections,
and properly negotiates SSL based on the port.
* Startup and Shutdown issues were addressed on TPF.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.25 -r1.26 pkgsrc/www/apache6/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.10 -r1.11 pkgsrc/www/apache6/files/md5
cvs rdiff -r1.9 -r1.10 pkgsrc/www/apache6/pkg/PLIST
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.