Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Jason Beegan <email@example.com>
Date: 02/25/2001 02:05:41
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: jtb
Date: Sun Feb 25 00:05:41 UTC 2001
pkgsrc/devel/hdf5/files: md5 patch-sum
Updated hdf5 to 1.4.0. For further details of changes see
* The Virtual File Layer, VFL, was added to replace the old file
drivers. It also provides an API for user defined file drivers.
* New features added to snapshots. Use 'snapshot help' to see a
complete list of features.
* Improved configure to detect if MPIO routines are available when
parallel mode is requested.
* Added Thread-Safe support. Phase I implemented. See:
for more details.
* Added data sieve buffering to raw data I/O path. This is enabled
for all VFL drivers except the mpio & core drivers. Setting the
sieve buffer size is controlled with the new API function,
H5Pset_sieve_buf_size(), and retrieved with H5Pget_sieve_buf_size().
* Added new Virtual File Driver, Stream VFD, to send/receive entire
HDF5 files via socket connections.
* As parts of VFL, HDF-GASS and HDF-SRB are also added to this
release. To find out details, please read INSTALL_VFL file.
* Increased maximum number of dimensions for a dataset (H5S_MAX_RANK)
from 31 to 32 to align with HDF4 & netCDF.
* Added 'query' function to VFL drivers. Also added 'type' parameter to
VFL 'read' & 'write' calls, so they are aware of the type of data
being accessed in the file. Updated the VFL document also.
* A new h4toh5 utility, to convert HDF4 files to analogous HDF5 files.
* Added a new array datatype to the datatypes which can be created.
Removed "array fields" from compound datatypes (use an array datatype
* Parallel HDF5 works correctly with mpich-1.2.1 on Solaris, SGI, Linux.
* You can now install the HDF5 documentation using the
``make install-doc'' command. The documentation is installed in the
$(prefix)/doc directory where $(prefix) is the prefix specified by
the (optional) ``--prefix'' flag during configuration.
* HDF5 can operate correctly in the OpenMP environment in a limited way.
Check doc/html/TechNotes/openmp-hdf5.html for details.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.4 -r1.5 pkgsrc/devel/hdf5/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r18.104.22.168 -r1.2 pkgsrc/devel/hdf5/files/md5
cvs rdiff -r1.1 -r1.2 pkgsrc/devel/hdf5/files/patch-sum
cvs rdiff -r1.1 -r0 pkgsrc/devel/hdf5/patches/patch-aa
cvs rdiff -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/devel/hdf5/pkg/PLIST
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.