macOS Sonoma bulk build rust failures

* On 2024-05-09 at 10:07 BST, MNX Cloud wrote:

Package                               Breaks Maintainer
lang/rust                               5193 pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Unfortunately these rust failures are a bug introduced in macOS Sonoma. For some reason, interactions across completely separate chroots cause the kernel to get very confused about rlimits, and kill processes after only a few seconds that are configured with an hour of CPU time.

  https://federate.me.uk/@jperkin/112402065157598117

This is enough to reliably kill check-portability.sh. The only workaround is to restart the bulk build and only build rust by itself so that all the other sandboxes are idle.

Unfortunately there's no easy way to roll the build host back to macOS
Ventura, and so you will see these failures every time rust needs to be rebuilt. I'll continue to restart the bulk builds so that we get a complete build, hence duplicate reports.

If anyone has any ideas for workarounds here I'd love to hear them. Adding _ULIMIT_CMD to mk/check just feels all sorts of wrong :(

--
Jonathan Perkin   -   mnx.io   -   pkgsrc.smartos.org
Open Source Complete Cloud   www.tritondatacenter.com