pkgsrc-Bulk archive

Re: pkgsrc NetBSD 5.0_STABLE/x86_64 2010-07-06 20:02

I should really not have spent six hours on this; however, I've gone
through *all* the failures and diagnosed most of them below. (And
fixed a few.)

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 12:49:27AM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
 > Package                               Breaks Maintainer
 > archivers/rar

Ancient self-extracting archive requiring old i386 compat code that I
don't think exists for amd64.

 > chat/zircon

Interactive install stage.

 > cross/avr-libc

Major PLIST issues.

 > cross/i386-cygwin32
 > cross/i386-linux
 > cross/i386-msdosdjgpp

These don't recognize x86_64 as a machine type.

 > databases/gq

Wants gnome-keyring-1; we have -2. Is there an update available?

 > devel/cxref

Contains work directory references.

 > devel/eel                                  2

eel-background.c:1003: error: too few arguments to function 'gnome_bg_is_dark'

 > devel/emacs-ilisp                          1

/usr/pkg/bin/emacs -batch -l ilisp-mak.el
ILISP Compilation: starting.
Symbol's value as variable is void: comint-version

Anyone's guess what's wrong there...

 > devel/gtl

Requires manual download.

 > devel/guile-gnome

Doesn't like current glib2.

 > devel/mico

pkg_delete: No matching package for basename `mico-2.3.12' of `mico-2.3.12'

Huh? (Tools problem?)

 > devel/ogre

Needs -fPIC.

 > devel/omake

ocaml issues.

 > devel/php-libawl                           1
 >     php5-libawl-0.43                       1

Depends on both php versions.

 > devel/py-expect

Appears to be misusing libtool so it tries to link a program instead
of a shared lib, and dies because there's no main().

 > devel/stlport

libtool  c++ -O2 -pthread -I/usr/include -I/usr/include -I../stlport -Wall -W
-Wno-sign-compare -Wno-unused -Wno-uninitialized -ftemplate-depth-32 -O2
dll_main.cpp -c -o ../lib/obj/GCC/Release/dll_main.lo
libtool: Misssing --mode=XXX

(yes, the "missing" is extra hissy)

But as I recall this doesn't build with current C++ compilers anyway.

 > devel/tet3

 > devel/valide

libvalide/executable-manager.vala:102.44-102.44: error: invalid escape sequence

 > editors/elvis-x11

/scratch/editors/elvis-x11/work/.buildlink/include/ft2build.h:56:38: error:
freetype/config/ftheader.h: No such file or directory

Not entirely clear why this should be; all the necessarily bl3's seem
to be in place.

 > editors/mule

 > editors/p5-Padre-Plugin-DataWalker

blib/lib/auto/share/dist/Padre-Plugin-DataWalker/locale isn't a directory at
/usr/pkg/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/Locale/ line 23.

 > editors/p5-Padre-Plugin-Git

- Padre          ...Error: Unable to initialize gtk, is DISPLAY set properly?
[1]   Segmentation fault (core dumped) /usr/bin/env USE...

 > editors/p5-Padre-Plugin-PerlCritic

Can't locate inc/Module/Install/ in @INC (@INC contains:
   /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0 /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/vendor_perl
   /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/5.10.0 .) at Makefile.PL line 1.

 > editors/p5-Padre-Plugin-PerlTidy

blib/lib/auto/share/dist/Padre-Plugin-PerlTidy/locale isn't a directory at
/usr/pkg/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/Locale/ line 23.

 > editors/p5-Padre-Plugin-SVN

- Padre      ...Error: Unable to initialize gtk, is DISPLAY set properly?
[1]   Segmentation fault (core dumped) /usr/bin/env USE...

 > editors/xemacs-current

Bad pointer casts.

 > emulators/palmosemulator

/../SrcShared/Hardware/EmCPU68K.cpp:1195: error: size of array '_dummy' is

presumably a compile-time assertion of some kind, requires investigation.

 > emulators/ski

Requires manual download.

 > emulators/twin

Bad pointer casts.

 > emulators/xm7

No distfile.

 > fonts/acroread-jpnfont

Requires manual download.

 > fonts/umefont-ttf

No distfile.

 > games/maelstrom-sdl

Needs fixed scorefile handling.

 > games/pokerth

Bad C++ involving Boost.

 > graphics/aqsis

Bad C++.

 > graphics/cal3d-examples

Bad pointer casts.

 > graphics/kipi-plugins-calendar-kde3

pkg_add: Conflicting PLIST with libkipi-0.1.6nb5:

 > graphics/libgiigic

../include/ggi/gic_structs.h:35: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or
'__attribute__' before 'gic_state'

 > graphics/lprof

lcmsprf.h:78: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before

 > graphics/pixieplus

batch.h:19:17: error: api.h: No such file or directory

probably not MAKE_JOBS_SAFE

 > graphics/radiance

.: installib: not found

(this one might be my fault, so I should look into it sometime)

 > ham/gnuradio-audio-oss                     1

checking whether we are cross compiling... configure: error: in
configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
See `config.log' for more details.

 > inputmethod/iiimecf

I cannot find Mule-UCS.
Please type the path where Mule-UCS is installed.
Error reading from stdin

but doesn't actually fail so continues to try to install.

 > inputmethod/xcin

Depends on multiple versions of libchewing.

 > lang/coq
 > richards+netbsd%CS.Princeton.EDU@localhost

Contains work directory references.

 > lang/drscheme

Failure to use -fPIC compounded by energizer-bunny-makefiles.

 > lang/gcc3-java                             1

It's not obvious from the build log what's wrong here, and I remember
looking into it a while back and concluding it was not readily

 > lang/mercury

Needs updating.

 > lang/objc

The first thing it apparently does is make clean, and that fails:

rm: *.i: No such file or directory
*** [cleantmp] Error code 1

Clearly needs help.

 > lang/ocamlduce

Needs updating for ocaml 3.11.2.

 > lang/polyml

Seems to have amd64 issues. (I said I'd look at this a while ago and I
haven't got to it yet...)

 > lang/sbcl

Appears to go into an infinite loop during build.

 > lang/snobol

distfile changed upstream.

 > lang/sun-jre6                              6

requires manual download

 > mail/gnus

 > mail/mailagent

"Do not build mailagent as root or it won't pass the sanity tests."

I suppose this inanity should be patched out...

 > mail/wl

Bad PLIST; looks as if it might be emacs-version-dependent.

 > math/R-CGIwithR

Error in parse(outFile) : embedded nul in string: '\0'

 > math/R-Rcmdr

ERROR: dependencies 'car' are not available for package 'Rcmdr'

 > math/R-lmm
 > math/R-wle

Fortran issues.

 > math/octave                                2

Contains work directory references.

 > mbone/beacon

common/src/inet_ntop.h:6: error: conflicting types for 'inet_ntop'
/usr/include/arpa/inet.h:89: error: previous declaration of 'inet_ntop' was here

 > misc/calibre

Files missing from plist.

 > misc/dpkg

Perl issues.

 > misc/hanzim

ERROR: hanzim-1.3nb1 runs a binary during installation
ERROR: that requires an Xserver to be running.

 > misc/kdepim4                               1

Extra libs in PLIST.

 > misc/molden

Distfile changed on server. (There's an update available; Someone(TM)
should just fix it that way.)

 > misc/root

io/io/src/TFile.cxx:104:25: error: compiledata.h: No such file or directory

Probably not MAKE_JOBS_SAFE.

 > multimedia/vlc08

configure: error: Your FFmpeg library doesn't have the needed img_resample()
function. You should rebuild it with software scaler disabled

 > multimedia/vls

Bad C++.

 > multimedia/xine-v4l

libtool: install: `' is not a valid libtool archive

From the build log it looks as if this is not valid because it doesn't
exist, which appears to be because configure isn't finding v4l, only
v4l2. Is that expected on NetBSD? If so, shouldn't this have

 > net/DarwinStreamingServer

Requires manual download.

 > net/citrix_ica

Packaging needs amd64 support:

sed: /usr/pkgsrc/net/citrix_ica/files/response.x86_64: No such file or directory

 > net/ettercap

/usr/include/sys/lwp.h:178: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before

however, it's full of bad pointer casts.

 > net/ispman

Wrong PLIST.

 > net/mppe-lkm

Needs kernel source, but doesn't fail tidily.

 > net/nasd

nasd_srpc_server.c: In function 'nasd_srpc_server_pipe_push':
nasd_srpc_server.c:1785: error: 'nasd_timer_t' undeclared (first use in this

 > net/nocol

/scratch/net/nocol/work/nocol-4.3.1/include/nocol.h:41: error: conflicting
types for 'sys_errlist'
/usr/include/errno.h:61: error: previous declaration of 'sys_errlist' was here

Should be straightforward to patch...

 > net/openafs

configure: error: An AFS sysname is required

 > net/rancid

checking for ping... no
configure: error: can't locate ping.

 > net/sharity-light

syscalls.c:124: error: too few arguments to function 'mount'

 > parallel/sge

Crashes during build, no clear reason why without further

 > print/lilypond                             1

Appears to cause fontforge to crash.

 > security/isakmpd

cc1: warnings being treated as errors
arc4random.c: In function 'arc4random_stir':
arc4random.c:98: warning: passing argument 2 of 'arc4_addrandom' from
incompatible pointer type

and also

certpatch.c:71:23: error: ipsec_num.h: No such file or directory

 > security/nessus-plugins                    1

Requires manual download.

 > security/opensc-signer

checking LIBASSUAN API version... does not match.  want=1 got=2.

Is there an update available?

 > security/py-lasso
 >     py24-lasso-2.2.91nb1

ImportError: No module named etree.ElementTree

 > security/sfs

Bad pointer casts.

 > security/tct

unsupported system: NetBSD.5.0_STABLE

 > shells/ast-ksh

no distfile

 > shells/scsh

Crashes during build; probably LP64 issues, but needs debugging.

 > shells/static-ast-ksh

no distfile

 > sysutils/brasero-nautilus

Shares distinfo with sysutils/brasero, but did not get updated along
with it. This probably ought to be restructured to use a

 > sysutils/cdbkup

checking for mount... no
configure: error: *** mount(8) not found?! You must have mount command in
system. ***

Does the bulk build sandbox maybe not have /sbin and /usr/sbin?

This works for me manually, FWIW.

 > sysutils/gnome-mount                       2
 > sysutils/libgksu

These wants gnome-keyring-1, we have -2, as above.

 > sysutils/munin-node

Needs a group created.

 > sysutils/nautilus-sendto

Version skew relative to Evolution?

 > sysutils/p5-Sys-Utmp

Utmp.xs:60: error: conflicting types for 'utmpname'
/usr/include/utmp.h:64: error: previous declaration of 'utmpname' was here

 > sysutils/storage-manager

Requires manual fetch.

 > sysutils/strace

Requires kernel source.

 > textproc/xml2doc

pkg_delete: No matching package for basename `xml2doc-20030510nb7' of

 > wm/afterstep

Major PLIST problems.

 > www/amaya

The included wxWidgets no longer builds against current glib2. Needs
updating, not a trivial undertaking.

 > www/ap2-auth-mellon

apxs:Error: Unknown option: t.
apxs:Error: Unknown option: h.
apxs:Error: Unknown option: r.
apxs:Error: Unknown option: d.
apxs:Error: Unknown option: t.
apxs:Error: Unknown option: h.
apxs:Error: Unknown option: r.
apxs:Error: Unknown option: d.

 > www/ap2-subversion
 >     ap2-subversion-1.6.9nb1

Requires two versions of apr at once.

 > www/ap2-fastcgi
 > www/ap2-xslt2
 > www/ap22-dnssd

pkg_delete: No matching package for basename `ap2-fastcgi-2.4.6' of

pkg_delete: No matching package for basename `ap22-fastcgi-2.4.6' of

pkg_delete: No matching package for basename `ap2-xslt2-2004112100nb1' of

pkg_delete: No matching package for basename `ap22-dnssd-0.5nb2' of

 > www/drupal
 > www/drupal6

Seems to be trying to depend on both versions of php at once.

 > www/firefox-bin-flash

no distfile

 > www/gallery

 > www/kahua

Tries to install things directly into /var despite DESTDIR.

 > www/merb

Ruby issues:

=> Installing gem into installation root
File not found: lib
Successfully installed merb-0.9.2
1 gem installed
Installing ri documentation for merb-0.9.2...
*** Error code 1

 > www/nvu

/scratch/www/nvu/work/mozilla/dist/include/nspr/prcpucfg.h:236:2:error: #error
Must define constants for type sizes here.

Maybe just needs to be taught about amd64?

 > www/ocsigen

ocaml issues.

 > www/p5-Apache-Reload

 > www/seamonkey-bin-flash

no distfile

 > www/sope

objc issues (looks like missing include files are merely warnings?)

 > www/wml

===> wml_common/gd (install)
usage: chmod [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-h] mode file ...
*** Error code 1

plus energizer-bunny-makefiles.

 > x11/efltk                                  1

Bad pointer casts.

 > x11/gnome-control-center                  13

gnome version skew.

 > x11/openbsd-input-ws

Doesn't build with current modular-xorg-server.

 > x11/py-gnome2-desktop                      2
 >     py25-gnome2-desktop-2.30.2             2

Requires both py25-cairo and py26-cairo, which conflict.

 > x11/xdm3d

/usr/bin/install -c -o pbulkXXX -g users -m 644 /etc/X11/xdm/GiveConsole
install: /etc/X11/xdm/GiveConsole: stat: No such file or directory

 > x11/xmx

David A. Holland