Re: pkgsrc-current-destdir Linux 2.6.24-1-686-bigmem/i686 bulk build results 20080829.1720

 >> Failed due to dependencies
 >>
 >>   Package                    Failed dependencies        Maintainer
 >>
 >>   wip/slate                  wip/ecl
 >> asau%inbox.ru@localhost

> Stop posting these results. Except "blame them" ethic issues,
> they're simply wrong.
There are no "ethic issues" in distbb output.
I don't understand your aggression.

If your package fails and distbb lists it, just fix it and be quite.
If you don't understand why your package fails and you have no access
to Linux (or cannot reproduce and/or debug the problem), ask me and I'll try
to help you.

> wip/slate failure is not because of wip/ecl,
See below.

> it is because of wip/slate maintainer fault to keep the package
> up to date.
So, what??? Distbb says you "If you need wip/slate package, fix wip/ecl
package or remove this dependency". What's the problem?

> Slate doesn't depend on Lisp. Go figure.
wip/slate/Makefile:
   BUILD_DEPENDS+=         ecl>=0.9c:../../wip/ecl

wip/slate depends on wip/ecl, this is why slate fails "indirectly" (in
terms of pbulk).

Suppose
  1) you need a package A
  2) package A depends on B
  3) B fails => A fails "indirectly"
In such situtations (in most cases), it makes sense to contact
maintainer of the package B. This is why your email is there.

> Fix your software, since it fails in producing valid and useful reports.
distbb generates correct and useful results.
Just stop your aggression.

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.