Re: pkgsrc NetBSD 4.99.72/x86_64 2008-08-13 09:19

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 10:41:10PM +0000, David Holland wrote:
 >> Build failures
 >> [...]
 >>
 >> devel/gcvs
 >> pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >> devel/libtecla                             1 kristerw%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >> games/mirrormagic
 >> pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >> graphics/py-gdchart
 >> pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >> lang/lush                                    dauphin%enst.fr@localhost
 >> lang/squeak
 >> pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >> math/udunits                               1
 >> pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >> print/cjk-lyx                                rxg%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >> security/lsh
 >> pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >> security/prelude-pflogger                    shannonjr%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >> sysutils/gentoo                              dunse%goa.nu@localhost
 >> textproc/lua-expat                           pancake%phreaker.net@localhost
 >> textproc/p5-PDF-Create
 >> pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >> www/clearsilver-base                       1 epg%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >> www/ruby-clearsilver                       1 epg%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >> wm/oroborox                                  rxg%NetBSD.org@localhost

Fixed.

 >> net/nocol
 >> pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

This is caused by libtool lossage that I don't know how to fix. I
think it thinks one of its source dirs is an installed libraries dir.

 >> textproc/p5-Text-BibTeX
 >> pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

This is also caused by libtool: there are two libraries in here, and
it's trying to emit one .so file. To do this, it links the static form
of the first library into the second. Problem is, libtool has
carefully built that static form without -fPIC, and so the resulting
shared library image doesn't work. I'm not sure what to do about this.

 >> security/py-SSLCrypto
 >> pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

This links unconditionally with /usr/lib/libcrypto.a, which isn't
PIC and thus breaks. I'm not sure how to introduce the proper library
name into the Python build script.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost