pkgsrc-Bulk archive

Re: pkgsrc-current-destdir Linux 2.6.24-1-686-bigmem/i686 bulk build results 20080716.1221

> On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 11:29:14PM +0300, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
 >> > Could you, please, stop generating this useless blame-list and
 >> > rather include the more helpful list of top 10 broken packages with
 >> > the highest number of dependencies?
 >> All packages are already sorted according to a number of dependancies.

> Then just remove the section, please.  Thanks.

I don't see any reason for this, sorry.  This section shows how many
packages including dependancies are broken per package maintainer.
And this information is very useful.
A special interest is pkgsrc-users@ "maintainer". A number of packages
broken by pkgsrc-users@ shows how good are packages
that have no individual maintainer.

These particular numbers

  Top offenders

     Maintainer                 Breaks  1843                 171          140          125

IMHO shows that pkgsrc needs more package maintainers to make DESTDIR
support better or the existing package maintainers should support better
the packages "maintained" by pkgsrc-users@.

These numbers from my another bulk build running under Linux in turn

  Top offenders

    Maintainer                  Breaks     618               42             36            34

say that in order to improve Linux support pkgsrc needs more packagers
(package maintainers) running Linux.

Thus, this information is helpful and is very interesting and I will
not remove this section.  If you personally don't like it, ignore it.

If you want to run distbb bulk builds yourself, I can make this
section optional in distbb.

Anyway DESTDIR support (the goal of pkgsrc-current-destdir bulk build
is to see a progress) becomes better every bulk build.

I personally don't like pbulk's "indirectly failed, prefailed,
indirect prefailed" etc. I also don't like an information about last
touched file (it is useless) generated by original bulk build
framework. So, what? Both this programs generate bulk build logs that are
_partially_ useful for me.

Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.