Subject: Re: pkgsrc NetBSD 3.0_STABLE/i386 bulk build results 20060809.0821
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
From: Jon Buller <jon@bullers.net>
List: pkgsrc-bulk
Date: 08/14/2006 11:29:26
Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:

>> > ERROR: ************************************************************
>> > ERROR: The following files are in the PLIST but not in /usr/pkg:
>> > ERROR:         /usr/pkg/share/man/man1/sbcl.1
>> > ERROR: ************************************************************
>> > ERROR: The following files are in /usr/pkg but not in the PLIST:
>> > ERROR:         /usr/pkg/lib/sbcl/asdf-install/.cvsignore
>> > ERROR:         /usr/pkg/lib/sbcl/asdf-install/CVS/Entries
>> [ A bazillion other files in the same list removed... ]
>>
>> When did this start happening?
>

> Some months already, IIRC.  These checks are to ensure that the PLIST
> is consistent with what is really installed by the package.  I'm not
> sure if this only happens when PKG_DEVELOPER is enabled, though.

Doesn't matter, I had PKG_DEVELOPER enabled...

>>  When I created the package, I used "make
>> print-PLIST" and it seemed fine for quite a long time.
>

> print-PLIST might not generate a complete PLIST because it uses
> timestamps to determine what is new in the installation directory.  If
> the package preserves the timestamps of installed files, print-PLIST
> will most likely not catch them (e.g. using pax's -pe flag).

Also doesn't matter, as I manually checked the PLIST and the files I
thought should have been installed.  (I wanted print-PLIST to catch my
mistakes, and I wanted to make sure print-PLIST didn't make any either,
I don't think either party made any...)

I'll see if I can scrounge up some time to check/fix this mess.  I wish
my house wasn't in the middle of a roofing job that is too small for
most contractors to look at though...  It has sucked up way too much of
my time and money already.

Jon