Subject: Re: pkgsrc NetBSD 3.0_STABLE/i386 bulk build results 20060809.0821
To: Jon Buller <jon@bullers.net>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: pkgsrc-bulk
Date: 08/14/2006 20:17:56
On 8/14/06, Jon Buller <jon@bullers.net> wrote:
> Thomas Klausner wrote:
>
> >>lang/sbcl                          jonb@NetBSD.org
> >

> > ERROR: ************************************************************
> > ERROR: The following files are in the PLIST but not in /usr/pkg:
> > ERROR:         /usr/pkg/share/man/man1/sbcl.1
> > ERROR: ************************************************************
> > ERROR: The following files are in /usr/pkg but not in the PLIST:
> > ERROR:         /usr/pkg/lib/sbcl/asdf-install/.cvsignore
> > ERROR:         /usr/pkg/lib/sbcl/asdf-install/CVS/Entries
> [ A bazillion other files in the same list removed... ]
>
> When did this start happening?

Some months already, IIRC.  These checks are to ensure that the PLIST
is consistent with what is really installed by the package.  I'm not
sure if this only happens when PKG_DEVELOPER is enabled, though.

>  When I created the package, I used "make
> print-PLIST" and it seemed fine for quite a long time.

print-PLIST might not generate a complete PLIST because it uses
timestamps to determine what is new in the installation directory.  If
the package preserves the timestamps of installed files, print-PLIST
will most likely not catch them (e.g. using pax's -pe flag).

>  I also know I
> had to add a patch file to get the man page in /usr/pkg/share/man
> instead of in /usr/pkg/man, but it doesn't look like that is being used
> or it broke or something.

The location of manual pages is now configurable, although I do not
know how the whole thing works.  Somebody else will probably tell you
better.

Cheers,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>