Re: pkgsrc SunOS 5.9/sparc bulk build results 20060227.1254

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 03:27:20PM +0000, Jonathan Perkin wrote:

> Sure, I could use /usr/xpg4/bin/sh, but I'd much rather find the
> actual problem and deal with that, whether it be
>
>  a) sending a patch back to GNU
>  b) submitting a bug report to Sun

This is not a problem of libtool alone -- /bin/sh and /bin/ksh are known
to have issues in lots of different places. They are literally broken.
Seriously, segfaulting is not an option for a shell.

If you want to waste the time, feel free to do so, but I wouldn't even
be surprised if you get the same response e.g. from Ralph (libtool).

Joerg