Subject: Re: pkgsrc SunOS 5.9/sparc bulk build results 20060227.1254
To: None <pkgsrc-bulk@NetBSD.org>
From: Jonathan Perkin <jonathan@perkin.org.uk>
List: pkgsrc-bulk
Date: 03/14/2006 15:27:20
* On 2006-03-14 at 14:15 GMT, joerg@britannica.bec.de wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 02:13:30PM +0000, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
>
> > > http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/pkgsrc/platforms.html,
> > > 3.2.7.4
> >
> > Ick, we can't seriously be recommending that as a legitimate fix?
>
> That's what I meant with "use a different shell". /bin/ksh is not a
> good idea either, but there should be a proper XPG4 shell somewhere.

Sure, I could use /usr/xpg4/bin/sh, but I'd much rather find the
actual problem and deal with that, whether it be

 a) sending a patch back to GNU
 b) submitting a bug report to Sun

depending on where the fault lies.  It used to work, it doesn't now,
let's see what changed and find the root cause.  Applying the ostrich
algorithm will just mean we have to maintain more ugly hacks in the
future.

Regards,

--
Jonathan Perkin                                     The NetBSD Project
http://www.perkin.org.uk/                       http://www.netbsd.org/