Re: pkgsrc SunOS 5.9/sparc bulk build results 2006-01-26

* On 2006-01-26 at 16:39 GMT, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
>
> > Huge lossage from a file being created as ${LOCALBASE}/info rather
> > than the directory.  Has mtree been changed recently?
>
> I don't know, but pkgsrc should work without mtree.

We always used to run mtree, precisely for this reason.  Sure, it
might be an ideal to know that all packages behave perfectly and
create missing directories as needed, but I can't imagine that all of
our current packages do so.

> Your /cache/pkg/info is actually the git info file (probably from
> misc/git). But I don't see misc/git as one of your broken packages.
>
> I don't know if that caused it or not.
>
> And misc/git appears to install directory correctly. (I just
> tested.)
>
> Maybe grepping through your build logs can find the first package
> that failed to pre-create the info directory.

I wrote in my email which was the first package to fail.  Git just
happened to be the final package to install to that file.

Cheers,

--
Jonathan Perkin                                     The NetBSD Project
http://www.perkin.org.uk/                       http://www.netbsd.org/