Subject: Re: pkgsrc SunOS 5.9/sparc bulk build results 2006-01-26
To: Jonathan Perkin <jonathan@perkin.org.uk>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: pkgsrc-bulk
Date: 01/26/2006 10:20:22
On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Jonathan Perkin wrote:

> We always used to run mtree, precisely for this reason.  Sure, it
> might be an ideal to know that all packages behave perfectly and
> create missing directories as needed, but I can't imagine that all of
> our current packages do so.

Most should.

In my case, I do not use mtree on a few systems for a few years, including
many bulk builds.

mtree is not used for unprivileged builds.

mtree is not used for pkgviews.

And mtree is not used when INSTALLATION_DIRS is defined -- which many
packages do (like example below).

> > Maybe grepping through your build logs can find the first package
> > that failed to pre-create the info directory.
>
> I wrote in my email which was the first package to fail.  Git just
> happened to be the final package to install to that file.

Sorry, I misunderstood that.

See that archivers/gtar-info has:

INSTALLATION_DIRS=      ${INFODIR}

do-install:
        ${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKSRC}/doc/tar.info ${PREFIX}/${INFO_DIR}

I found the problem. It was my typo from September and I just committed
fix.

Notice INFODIR above should have a underscore in middle!

(By the way, do any packages use bsd.info.mk?)

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/