Subject: Re: pkgsrc Darwin 8.3.0/powerpc bulk build results 2006-01-11
To: Matthias Scheler <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: pkgsrc-bulk
Date: 01/19/2006 09:58:15
On Thu, 19 Jan 2006, Matthias Scheler wrote:

> ===> Building for ttcp-1.12nb2
> gcc -pipe -O2   -c ttcp.c
> bmake: don't know how to make /usr/lib/libc.a. Stop
> bmake: stopped in /tmp/bulktmp/benchmarks/ttcp/work
> *** Error code 2
> I cannot reproduce this on my Mac OS 10.4.4 (Darwin 8.4.0) system.
> Do you perhaps need to bootstrap "pkgsrc" again?

LIBC is defined and needed by the (or

Updating and redoing bootstrap should fix that. See
pkgsrc/bootstrap/bmake/mk/ revision 1.2:

  Do not define LIBC and other LIB* settings. This should fix
  problem with building on systems that don't have the
  /usr/lib/libc.a (LIBC).

  This is the log entry from mk-files 20051104:
          * remove all the LIBC?= junk, use
          .-include instead (none by default).

  Note this is not an exact copy of the mk-files 20051104
  (Todo: compare and test all the mk files with sjg's version.)

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 Media Relations and Publishing Services