Subject: Re: pkgsrc NetBSD 3.0/x86_64 bulk build results 2005-12-28
To: None <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: pkgsrc-bulk
Date: 12/28/2005 18:11:41

"Julio M. Merino Vidal" <> wrote:
> I don't know if this is related, but many build failures look strange:
> For example, in libgail-gnome:
> =3D=3D=3D> Required package gnome-icon-theme>=3D2.8.0: NOT found
> =3D=3D=3D> Verifying package for ../../graphics/gnome-icon-theme
> =3D=3D=3D> Returning to build of libgail-gnome-1.1.1
> [...]
> =3D=3D=3D> Creating toolchain wrappers for libgail-gnome-1.1.1
> gnome-icon-theme is not installed; can't buildlink files.
> *** Error code 1
> As you can see, it tried to install one of the dependencies, but
> failed.  Later on, it cannot find the files in the buildlink directory
> because, indeed, the package was not installed.

Could it be that there are still work directories left?  If so, then
those work directories probably still have install cookies sitting
around, but the binary package has been deleted.

If that is the case... shouldn't the bulk-build process have cleaned out
the work directories first?

I always said there was something fundamentally wrong with the universe.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (NetBSD)