Re: Do you use CVS_USER?

Martti Kuparinen wrote:
On Sun, 20 Nov 2005, Roland Illig wrote:

If you have different users for doing the "cvs update" and the bulk build, don't you have to set all the directories to 770 at least? Isn't that insecure?

Maybe I don't understand you correctly but why don't do something like this,
i.e. make sure your username is in CVS/Root:

userA# cvs -d nameA@server:/cvsroot co -P pkgsrc
userA# cat CVS/Root nameA@server:/cvsroot
userA# cd /usr/pkgsrc
userA# cvs update -dPA

userB# <do the bulkbuild>

Because by default, userB needs write access to the pkgsrc tree, which in this example is owned by userA.

Well, since today you can have all the log files (except .interactive_stage) outside the pkgsrc tree, but I wonder how this should have worked before.

Roland