pre-build.local

Hi,

the pkgsrc guide says that this program is "executed as a &man.sh.1; script". This is wrong.

It is actually sourced in and can overwrite any variables or shell settings of the "build" script. Is that intended at all? To have a more controlled environment for the "build" script I would like to implement what the documentation says, that is to call

    /usr/bin/env BROKENF="${BROKENF}" /bin/sh mk/bulk/pre-build.local

This would also eliminate the need for exporting the BROKENF variable globally. Oh, yes, that's another thing I want to achieve. Keep the scope of the shell variables as small as possible. This makes code reviews and documentation much easier. Just imagine you had to list all environment variables that could influence one of the current programs in mk/bulk. I can tell you it's hard work.

Roland