Subject: May I rename some variables?
To: None <pkgsrc-bulk@NetBSD.org>
From: Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org>
List: pkgsrc-bulk
Date: 11/19/2005 12:45:40
I would like to rename some variables in the bsd.bulk-pkg.mk file to
make reading the source easier for me. In some of my last mails I have
already started to introduce (proposals for) variables called
TOPLEVEL_*. I would like to extend this naming to all other variables
that specify files to be created directly in ${BULKFILESDIR}.

Currently when reading code that uses ${INDEXFILE} I always have to keep
in mind that this is an absolute pathname, whereas BROKENFILE, having a
really similar name is only a basename.

Therefore I want to rename INDEXFILE to TOPLEVEL_INDEXFILE. (Similar for
some others.)

The change only affects bulk build users that modify these variables in
their mk.conf. I guess that no one does this, but I want to get some
affirmation first.

By the way, the bulk build framework is slowly getting into a form that
motivates me documenting it in the pkgsrc guide. But I first have to
understand all the other details.

Roland