Subject: Re: pkgsrc SunOS 5.9/sparc bulk build results 2005-10-13
To: Martti Kuparinen <>
From: Jonathan Perkin <>
List: pkgsrc-bulk
Date: 10/13/2005 12:29:23
* On 2005-10-13 at 12:16 BST, Martti Kuparinen wrote:

> Don't you have whoami at all? Is /usr/ucb on your PATH?

It explicitly isn't as it completely breaks a whole bunch of other
stuff.  I don't recall exactly what the problem was, but it's related
to linking against /usr/ucblib things in preference to others.

Since then (~4 years ago) I have never used /usr/ucb.

Jonathan Perkin                           Internet Operations Engineer
Formerly BBC Technology
Siemens Business Services Ltd,  Maiden House, Vanwall Road, Maidenhead
This email (and any attachments) contains confidential information and
is for the exclusive use of  the addressee(s).  Any views contained in
this e-mail are not the views of Siemens Business Services, ORS unless
specifically stated.  If you are not the addressee then any distribut-
ion, copying or use of this email is prohibited.  If received in error
please advise the sender and delete / destroy it immediately.  We acc-
ept no liability  for any loss  or damage suffered by any person aris-
ing from  use of this e-mail / fax.  Please note that Siemens Business
Services ORS monitors e-mails sent or received.  Further communication
will signify your consent to this.
Siemens Business Services Ltd          Registered No: 04128934 England
Registered Office: Siemens House, Oldbury, Bracknell, Berks.  RG12 8FZ