Subject: Re: pkgsrc NetBSD 2.0.2/i386 bulk build results 2005-09-21
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: Krister Walfridsson <>
List: pkgsrc-bulk
Date: 09/25/2005 13:58:18
On Thu, 22 Sep 2005, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Sep 2005, Thomas Klausner wrote:
>> Most "new" lossage is because CHECK_FILES=yes -- and for most packages,
>> it shows simple PLIST errors or incorrect config file handling.
>> Please fix your package(s) -- incorrect PLISTs break binary packages!
>>> www/apache                 56
>> *** The following files are in the PLIST but not in /usr/pkg:
>>         /usr/pkg/lib/httpd/httpd.exp
>>         /usr/pkg/lib/httpd/
>>         /usr/pkg/lib/httpd/
> I don't know about that. I need to check the logs form the bulk build.
> (Because I do have these in my package.)

The failure is because the package adds ${PREFIX}/lib/httpd to OWN_DIRS.

The check files mechanism think that OWN_DIRS are handled outside of
the PLIST, so it filters out those files from the list of new files
before it is compared to the PLIST.

I don't know enough about the semantics of OWN_DIRS to determine if it
is the package or the check files mechanism that is in error...