Subject: Re: pkgsrc NetBSD 2.0.2/i386 bulk build results 2005-09-21
To: Thomas Klausner <wiz@netbsd.org>
From: Krister Walfridsson <cato@df.lth.se>
List: pkgsrc-bulk
Date: 09/25/2005 01:53:49
On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 12:22:52AM +0200, Krister Walfridsson wrote:

>>> I don't understand this.   /usr/pkg/info/dired-x is in every emacs install
>>> that I have.  Having been put there by this standard bit of the emacs
>>> install:
>>
>> There seems to be a bug in the CHECK_FILES code that sometimes
>> makes it incorrectly report that files are missing...
>
> So you're saying that for some packages where it is complaining about missing
> files in /usr/pkg, it is exactly the other way round, i.e. the files are
> _not_ in /usr/pkg, but in PLIST?

No, what i tried to say was that sometimes where it is complaining
about missing files in /usr/pkg, the file exist in both the PLIST
and /usr/pkg, but the CHECK_FILES code fails to see the file in
/usr/pkg.

It turns out that this is due to the CHECK_FILES_SKIP mechanism.  It
is used to avoid errors for files that are created, but are handled
outside of the PLIST mechanism.  One such file is /usr/pkg/info/dir.

The CHECK_FILES_SKIP mechanism work by first listing all added files,
and then removing the files in CHECK_FILES_SKIP by using "grep -v".
This removed /usr/pkg/info/dired-x from the list since it does match
/usr/pkg/info/dir.

Changing to "grep -vx" fix this.  I'll commit that shortly.

    /Krister