Subject: Re: pkgsrc NetBSD 2.0.2/i386 bulk build results 2005-06-11
To: Mark Davies <>
From: Krister Walfridsson <>
List: pkgsrc-bulk
Date: 07/10/2005 21:27:10
On Sun, 12 Jun 2005, Mark Davies wrote:

> On Saturday 11 June 2005 23:25, Thomas Klausner wrote:
>>> x11/kde3-i18n-cy
>>  pkg_create: can't stat
>> `/usr/pkg/share/locale/cy/LC_MESSAGES/'
> OK I don't understand whats going on here.  This file exists for me and if you
> look at
> it has:
> 	[...]
> rm -f; /usr/bin/msgfmt -o
> ./kbstateapplet.po
> test ! -f || touch
> 	[...]
> /usr/bin/install -c -o root -g wheel -m 444
> /usr/pkg/share/locale/cy/LC_MESSAGES/
> which is no different to all the other files.

I have finally gotten around looking into this.

What is happening is that the

   /usr/bin/msgfmt -o ./kbstateapplet.po

does not generate any output (even though it does not return any
error as its return code...) Adding the -v flag gives the error

   ./kbstateapplet.po: warning: no header entry found
   found 1 fatal errors

Finally, adding the -f flag makes msgfmt generate output for this
file (although it does not seem to help for all files in the three
other packages that are failing in the same way...)

I guess the pkg need a newer version of msgfmt than the 7 year old
GNU gettext 0.10.35 included in NetBSD 2.0.2...