Subject: Re: -current results delayed
To: None <pkgsrc-bulk@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: pkgsrc-bulk
Date: 05/27/2005 12:59:04
On Fri, 27 May 2005, Alistair Crooks wrote:

> Just a quick note to tell you that my -current box fried last night
> (it had been running the last bulk build for 8 days non-stop, and was
> a "hot box" at the best of times - it's a small PC which uses the case
> as a heatsink - http://www.wspc.biz/ - mine had a 3.2 GHz P4 in there,
> so it's probably no wonder it overheated).

I stopped doing FreeBSD pkgsrc bulk builds because the system locked up
very frequently. It was not my hardware. I was told it ran 18 days
straight before I started doing bulk builds and then it was getting two or
three random reboots per day. A bad stick of memory was found and then
later the problems continued. I was told that scorch marks were found on
the motherboard :)

I had built around 2500? pkgsrc packages until we gave up on that
hardware.

I now have a login account for doing DragonFly pkgsrc bulk builds. I'll
post details to this list once I get some builds done on it.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/